Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 11:44 am

Persevero wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Lfp5deF.jpg

This is what 3rd wave feminism leads to. Justifying prejudice.

Um, that is showing prejudice, how?

Persevero
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jan 2015, 12:03 pm

The guy replying says the OP and his wife deserved to be harassed for being white in a poorer neighborhood. What else do you need me to explain?

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2015, 12:35 pm

heavenlyabyss wrote:
The last thing we need in this world is more masuclism.

Just look at the Middle East.

The point about jail time is fair but it's a direct result of patriarchy - this idea that women are vulnerable and not capable of doing harm.

In the case of the Middle East, that truly IS an example of Patriarchy. You see, I don't dispute that patriarchal societies do exist and in that region of the World, there totally is a patriarchy. But not in the west; and not even in the USofA.

The problem with Islam is that it allows polygyny: Wealthy, powerful, high status men get ALL the women and the rest of men in those countries are left with nothing. This leads to extreme sexual frustration which fuels terrorist violence.

Desurage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jan 2015, 2:53 am

I get pretty mad reading these arguments. Its far too loosely defined. You need to go case by case to determine a certain situation then say whats wrong with that, if you don't then its hard to argue for or against and it becomes an issue of being against a general idea and what you believe that idea is doing.

The biggest male versus female argument I've seen that gets repeated a lot is that women are paid less. Its not true, even when more men are in jobs that are more dangerous and choose careers that pay more and work for more years since they don't plan for motherhood. Right now, the culture that I'm looking at in america for women is that they are something like 80% of the purchases, they are forced to work just to support a household with kids, and they have no savings like all americans. From what I've read about people advocating for women's rights I don't know what/where/who they are trying to prove needs to change and is at fault. Especially what they are at fault for. As with all liberal advocacy it the problem is that they are not rich and powerful enough which is something of an individual achievement, not one for society.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 10:40 am

Google "MGTOW."

Personally, as a woman who has bent over backwards to be loving and considerate and to try to build a lasting family without turning myself into chattel, I find it depressing.

I'd like to know why we can't dispense with "-ism" and just try to treat people decently. Men and women are DIFFERENT. That doesn't mean one is better than the other, or one is meant to rule over the other. We're DIFFERENT-- just like, say, Aspies and NTs are DIFFERENT. That doesn't make one right and the other wrong-- just DIFFERENT. Sometimes that difference causes misunderstandings, but those misunderstandings wouldn't be half so painful if we weren't conditioned to look at it as one being RIGHT and the other being WRONG.

What if we could all just look at each other with compassion and try to understand one another????

I guess that doesn't sell t-shirts. Or tickets, or therapy (really?? what are all those marriage counsellors doing then??), or anything else.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 11:08 am

When will "masculinism grow?".

Whenever you play with it right! :D

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 8:38 pm

^ Preach.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: