Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ralphd
Raven
Raven

11 Jan 2015, 1:17 pm

I really enjoyed The Rosie Project. I think the book does a good job of portraying the positives of Aspies. The scene early in the book of a room full of adolescent boys on the spectrum chanting "Aspies rule!" is an example of this.

bryanmaloney
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jan 2015, 12:00 pm

ralphd wrote:
I really enjoyed The Rosie Project. I think the book does a good job of portraying the positives of Aspies. The scene early in the book of a room full of adolescent boys on the spectrum chanting "Aspies rule!" is an example of this.

I would feel uncomfortable with anyone chanting that anything "rules".

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 12:38 pm

ralphd wrote:

eew :eew:

SK666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Nov 2015, 7:54 am

I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and read it not knowing what Asperger's is. It's actually what twigged my partner to some of my "idiosyncrasies" that led me to the AQ test. I loved that "scene" (unsure of correct terminology) for a different reason - the part where they're all shouting "kill the baby!" :lol: Laughed my ass off.

Undergoing the process of an in-depth differential diagnosis with a clinical psychologist, who has 35 yrs experience in ASDs. Using DSMV, ADOS-2 (Mod 4), ADI-R, peer-reviewed literature, empirical and anecdotal evidence. Now the focus of a case study.

[AQ: 38/50] [EQ: 17/80, SQ: 59/80] [AS: 145/200, NT: 95/200]
[MBTI: INTP] [IQ: 144, (SD: 24) (Matrix)]