Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 7:53 pm

What did you do about it? Share your stories.

I am very interested in mental health and also physical and developmental health.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 11:03 pm

I have wanted to die, but there always is a reason: mental illness. When your perception of reality is distorted, you can easily make something out of nothing and use it as a basis for suicidal ideation.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2015, 4:37 am

My logic for killing myself is at least I would finally defeat my biology. To me killing yourself and not killing yourself results in the same conclusion. Thus, why not lesson the torture of life by a few seconds.

AndrewtheFiddler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2015, 2:45 pm

I have periods of depression, but even when i am fine I will randomly start feeling suicidal. Because there is no cognitive distortions like in depression to accompany it, my mind rejects it as illogical, and I now regard it as an annoyance, because it just distracts me from whatever I was doing

mental
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2015, 10:27 am

I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety before getting my asperger diagnoses. Due to some bad things happening to me, I ended up with suicidal thoughts for the first time in life (2nd time after my official diagnose)
Have a wonderful psychiatrist, and he is helping me getting on the right path again. Succesfully so far...

slave
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 7:42 pm

jenisautistic wrote:
What did you do about it? Share your stories.

I am very interested in mental health and also physical and developmental health.

Suicidal ideation does not occur for NO reason....ever. There is always a reason or reasons even if the person is in denial.

theoyella jukebox
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jan 2015, 11:04 pm

Not for no reason: I don't see much to look forward to anymore.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 11:35 am

I want to die/have thoughts about dying because I just feel like everyone will finally be able to be happy once I'm gone. That's what I tell myself all the time: "Things will be better when I'm no longer here." I even wear a DNR wristband so if I'm ever in a situation where it becomes a question of keeping me alive or not, people will know what I want, even if I am unable to tell them myself. I keep it hidden from people's view by wearing my Finding Nemo wristband over it that says "Just Keep Swimming." And no, the irony is not lost on me.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2015, 8:42 am

more to the title...I had that thought out of no reasoning....I don't feel I am telling my brain to say this and it is a constant battle to get this "thought" which isn't mine IMO to go away.......=/

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."-George Washington

WizardPumpkin1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2015, 9:59 pm

I have wanted to die...but the thing is, you never know what's going to happen if you don't live to see it. At least, that's the way I look at things. I have had chronic depression, interspersed with manic-depressive episodes, for the last seven years of my life--through that time I have thought that I was worthless because of my diagnosis and other reasons, I have had thoughts of killing myself and I have attempted it numerous times. I used to cut myself and feel completely numb. I was miserable and didn't think I was worth it. I just wanted to break away from my suffering.
But when I went to treatment, I realized that there was more out there than just me and my lack of self-esteem. There are people out there who want to help me and millions of other people, individuals who have helped me and will continue to try--and I just need to accept their advice, even when I'm feeling horrible and doubting everything. I am now feeling so so so much better--a complete 180 degrees, and I wouldn't have gotten to where I am today if I hadn't sought the help of so many people.
That being said, I understand the pain of people who want to end their lives, and that of those who already have, and that of those who may read this and end up killing themselves anyway...I just want to say that you are not alone. I completely and fully believe this. If anyone on here ever needs someone to talk to, I am here. If they need to vent, I am here. If they want to tell me how screwed-up they feel, I am here. I am a survivor who is dedicated to spreading recovery to others striving towards it.
Keep being strong. I believe in everyone. :heart: :heart: :heart:

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 10:43 pm

I also want to die, but I have a reason: I've received a lot of criticism almost every time I did something wrong, even if it was over something minor. All that negativity can take a toll on someone with no friends or ego.

Lnb1771
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Feb 2015, 10:31 pm

WizardPumpkin1 wrote:
I have wanted to die...but the thing is, you never know what's going to happen if you don't live to see it. At least, that's the way I look at things. I have had chronic depression, interspersed with manic-depressive episodes, for the last seven years of my life--through that time I have thought that I was worthless because of my diagnosis and other reasons, I have had thoughts of killing myself and I have attempted it numerous times. I used to cut myself and feel completely numb. I was miserable and didn't think I was worth it. I just wanted to break away from my suffering.
But when I went to treatment, I realized that there was more out there than just me and my lack of self-esteem. There are people out there who want to help me and millions of other people, individuals who have helped me and will continue to try--and I just need to accept their advice, even when I'm feeling horrible and doubting everything. I am now feeling so so so much better--a complete 180 degrees, and I wouldn't have gotten to where I am today if I hadn't sought the help of so many people.
That being said, I understand the pain of people who want to end their lives, and that of those who already have, and that of those who may read this and end up killing themselves anyway...I just want to say that you are not alone. I completely and fully believe this. If anyone on here ever needs someone to talk to, I am here. If they need to vent, I am here. If they want to tell me how screwed-up they feel, I am here. I am a survivor who is dedicated to spreading recovery to others striving towards it.
Keep being strong. I believe in everyone. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks for posting this! I have had suicidal ideations in the past and was originally diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Then I had my first manic episode so my new diagnosis (as of 2 years ago) is bipolar I. Thankfully I'm on a good combination of meds that keeps the mania at bay and also allows me to want to get up each morning.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Feb 2015, 3:47 pm

I thought about it when I was depressed & before I was depressed I thought about it due to OCD but didn't have the desire to actually do it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 11:52 pm

Every time I get overwhelmed or stressed out, I think of suicide. That means I think about it at least once every day. Somethings it is several times each day. It all depends on how depressed I am. I just let the thoughts die a natural death. I don't fight the thoughts. If it becomes overwhelming, I start exercising to relieve the depression. Meditation also helps. Meditation helps me let thoughts die instead of hold onto them. I also use thought-stopping techniques (literally thinking, "Stop!" when I get on one of those negative trains of thought). I use distractions to focus on something else. I do anything I can do to just get through the moment because I know the thoughts will go away eventually. It's easy for me not to get freaked out about these thoughts because I know that just because you think it, doesn't mean you have to do it. Thoughts are just thoughts.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 12:02 am

Not for no reason.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 2:21 pm

Been tired before
Fed up
Not that I actively wanna die