Low energy, going outside is exhausting

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 10:53 am

I have really low energy, especially at the moment, so that I even miss out on stuff I normally like because I just can't bring myself to leave the house or drive somewhere. For example I'm in a band since a few months and since I love singing this should be fun, but everytime on our practice day I find I really don't want to go. I have to force myself by telling myself that it will help to make my voice and performance better, but a few times I didn't go and said I was ill or something like that. Likewise, I had a ticket for a concert last month and even though it was for my favourite band, the entire day I was not sure if I was actually gonna go. I felt like all I wanted was to stay home and do something on my own, but I did eventually go and it turned out to be completely awesome! And I know that most of the time it really is better if I do go and do something, but I always have to fight against the part of myself that wants to stay home and just chill.. Might sound like normal laziness but I really feel like it's a huge struggle.

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2015, 6:58 pm

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

Also there is something called SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder, this would be the time of year when it would happen, with the lack of sunlight/short days.... taking 2000 IU of Vitamin D a day could help with this. I find when I took it at night it would prevent sleep for several hours - despite many websites advising you to take it at night, I now take mine first thing in the morning.

I'm diagnosed with CFS myself. I'll have several good months where my energy isn't bad. Then the fatigue starts creeping back up on me. I've had days where I slept 11-12 hours and still felt wiped out & barely could muster up the energy to get dressed & take my bunny for a walk :( I would do it, but it was a struggle.

Thank g*d I don't work anymore - at least now when I have my cruddy days I can lie down whenever I need to.

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196