Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 3:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
People go apeshit over stupid crap all the time just because something offends you doesnt mean its ok to go apeshit and kill people over something stupid like a cartoon. It reminds me of this video of muslims reacting like rabbid chimps over a video and attacking people. If I was in the same scenario I would have just got up and left and say to the guy who made the video that hes an as*hole and be on my merry way. More reasons I no longer have faith in a god or diety in a book that teaches to judge and hate others and stone people and such its barbaric and primitive and brainwashing. The Old Testament and the Koran are basically the same thing. Imo Cave men were more civilized before the rise of such Abrihamic religions.

Reminds me of Robert DiNiro's line from Angel Heart: "They say there's enough religion in the world to make men hate one another, but not enough to love."
Quite true I mean I could upload an equally offensive video about Jesus but most Cristians would just say I am an as*hole and walk out of the room and not attack me. And for that comment I send your wife a pile of pillows for your entertainment hehehe! God also loves pillows hehe!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 4:00 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
People go apeshit over stupid crap all the time just because something offends you doesnt mean its ok to go apeshit and kill people over something stupid like a cartoon. It reminds me of this video of muslims reacting like rabbid chimps over a video and attacking people. If I was in the same scenario I would have just got up and left and say to the guy who made the video that hes an as*hole and be on my merry way. More reasons I no longer have faith in a god or diety in a book that teaches to judge and hate others and stone people and such its barbaric and primitive and brainwashing. The Old Testament and the Koran are basically the same thing. Imo Cave men were more civilized before the rise of such Abrihamic religions.

Reminds me of Robert DiNiro's line from Angel Heart: "They say there's enough religion in the world to make men hate one another, but not enough to love."
Quite true I mean I could upload an equally offensive video about Jesus but most Cristians would just say I am an as*hole and walk out of the room and not attack me. And for that comment I send your wife a pile of pillows for your entertainment hehehe! God also loves pillows hehe!

I'm sure she would thank you.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 4:27 am

To a large group of people, freedom of speech means it's ok until you offend someone/something they care about.

It's an all-or-nothing prospect (unless you want to be a massive hypocrite).

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 4:36 am

France is no champion of free speech, the key component of free speech is being able to criticize the government, they are just racist as hell. French has long history of racism like this, not only against muslims, but also against gypsies

AspieOtaku wrote:
It reminds me of this video of muslims reacting like rabbid chimps over a video and attacking people. If I was in the same scenario I would have just got up and left and say to the guy who made the video that hes an as*hole and be on my merry way. More reasons I no longer have faith in a god or diety in a book that teaches to judge and hate others and stone people and such its barbaric and primitive and brainwashing. The Old Testament and the Koran are basically the same thing. Imo Cave men were more civilized before the rise of such Abrihamic religions.

So much ignorance here. You know nothing about pre-islamic Arabia or Islam or general. Anyway, you really expect any group of people to act civilly when they are not only being gravely insulted, but they are being forced to do things which they promised not to do? Even if you would just walk out, it only takes one person to take a direct approach to create a mob. Imagine if a group of autistic people where shown a video that not only makes out all autistic people to be ret*d and murderers, but also plays glaringly loud music and whatnot to trigger sensory problems. Do you really expect everyone to act civilly?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 5:28 am

Ganondox wrote:
France is no champion of free speech, the key component of free speech is being able to criticize the government, they are just racist as hell. French has long history of racism like this, not only against muslims, but also against gypsies

AspieOtaku wrote:
It reminds me of this video of muslims reacting like rabbid chimps over a video and attacking people. If I was in the same scenario I would have just got up and left and say to the guy who made the video that hes an as*hole and be on my merry way. More reasons I no longer have faith in a god or diety in a book that teaches to judge and hate others and stone people and such its barbaric and primitive and brainwashing. The Old Testament and the Koran are basically the same thing. Imo Cave men were more civilized before the rise of such Abrihamic religions.

So much ignorance here. You know nothing about pre-islamic Arabia or Islam or general. Anyway, you really expect any group of people to act civilly when they are not only being gravely insulted, but they are being forced to do things which they promised not to do? Even if you would just walk out, it only takes one person to take a direct approach to create a mob. Imagine if a group of autistic people where shown a video that not only makes out all autistic people to be ret*d and murderers, but also plays glaringly loud music and whatnot to trigger sensory problems. Do you really expect everyone to act civilly?

I like to think most of us autistics would behave better than that.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 5:56 am

Ganondox wrote:
France is no champion of free speech, the key component of free speech is being able to criticize the government, they are just racist as hell. French has long history of racism like this, not only against muslims, but also against gypsies.

Being racist and hateful is a part of free speech too. That all-or-nothing concept again (mainly because there's no clear lines on what's racist and hateful, since it's entirely fluid).

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 7:25 am

A lot of Jewish people are leaving France for Israel as violence increases against them. Police and soldiers are guarding Jewish schools, etc.

NYT -link

Could be the tipping point happens in France.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 1:23 pm

thomas81 wrote:
So as both French and global neo liberals and social reactionaries collectively fap over the image of islamic militants being showered with a hail of pencils under the false flag of 'free speech', they forget about this case not from more than a decade ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/m ... rance.arts

I don't understand the point. That has nothing do with the recent attacks on Charlie Hebdo.

Is this another of your threads defending Islamists perhaps? Do you think that those cartoonists deserved to die?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 2:35 pm

Ganondox wrote:

AspieOtaku wrote:

So are you saying its ok to go psycho and go on a killing spree over something stupid like a cartoon just because you were offended by it?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

TheTrueMayhem
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2015, 2:40 pm

To Hell with freedom of speech, and anyone who supports it.

Jules_Bonnot_1912
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2015, 3:02 pm

TheTrueMayhem wrote:
To Hell with freedom of speech, and anyone who supports it.

Shut up!

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 1:35 pm

Abuse of free speech is the least of French offences. Look at the way they allowed Hitler to take over their country and then collaborated with the Nazis and rounded up the Jews to send to the concentration camps while in return being allowed to have control of plunder and all of southern France and keep their colonial properties.

BUT insult THEM and they squeal like little piggies.

C. Hebdo knew the serious nature of their affront, and the probable violent response to what they were doing when they insulted Islam and no doubt did it to increase circulation; I'm sure they're happy now, the swine.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 5:21 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
France is no champion of free speech, the key component of free speech is being able to criticize the government, they are just racist as hell. French has long history of racism like this, not only against muslims, but also against gypsies.

Being racist and hateful is a part of free speech too. That all-or-nothing concept again (mainly because there's no clear lines on what's racist and hateful, since it's entirely fluid).

It's not all or nothing, the government has no problem with racist and hateful speech because they are racist and hateful themselves.

AspieOtaku wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

AspieOtaku wrote:

So are you saying its ok to go psycho and go on a killing spree over something stupid like a cartoon just because you were offended by it?

1. There is no killing spree over the video in question, it's not the hebo thing.
2. They aren't just offended by it.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 5:49 pm

Jono wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
So as both French and global neo liberals and social reactionaries collectively fap over the image of islamic militants being showered with a hail of pencils under the false flag of 'free speech', they forget about this case not from more than a decade ago.

I don't understand the point. That has nothing do with the recent attacks on Charlie Hebdo.

Is this another of your threads defending Islamists perhaps? Do you think that those cartoonists deserved to die?

If thats how you interpreted it, its a case of you adding two and two and getting five. No, i didn't say the cartoonists deserved to die. Murder under any context is never excused. However France is not well placed to criticise other cultures under the pretence of free speech when as illustrated in the OP, its track record in the same area is less than white.

My deviant art profile

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 10:02 am

thomas81 wrote:
Jono wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

If thats how you interpreted it, its a case of you adding two and two and getting five. No, i didn't say the cartoonists deserved to die. Murder under any context is never excused. However France is not well placed to criticise other cultures under the pretence of free speech when as illustrated in the OP, its track record in the same area is less than white.

I still don't understand. They're not criticising muslim culture for their lack of free speech. They're criticising islamists for killing cartoonists in order to prevent them from exercising their own freedom of speech.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 11:18 am

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... is-attacks

So this guy was arrested for making a dumb-ass joke that wasn't funny.

People need to get the f**k over themselves.