Who else is celebrating Happy Singles' Day?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Will you be alone on Valentine's?
Yes 59%  59%  [ 13 ]
No - with friend(s) 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
No - with romantic partner/date 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Unsure as of now 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 7:14 pm

downbutnotout wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
It just occurred to me the next season of Game of Thrones starts in February....maybe I can watch some of that on valentines day nothing like some good old blood, guts, backstabbing, death, revenge, prostitution, dragons, torture and Dire Wolves lol(think that about covers much of what the show has in it).

I've changed my mind. I'll do cheap candy and Game of Thrones!

I'd be happy to just soak in a hot tub. All I have at the moment is a shower.

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

eric76 wrote:
downbutnotout wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
It just occurred to me the next season of Game of Thrones starts in February....maybe I can watch some of that on valentines day nothing like some good old blood, guts, backstabbing, death, revenge, prostitution, dragons, torture and Dire Wolves lol(think that about covers much of what the show has in it).

That does sound good. I just have a shower, too. :(

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 7:22 pm

downbutnotout wrote:
eric76 wrote:
downbutnotout wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I can't remember the last time I sat down in a tub and soaked.

I'm going to have to go take a shower pretty quick. It was such a beautiful day -- relatively warm and low wind for a while -- that I took advantage of the weather to go up on top of a grain elevator and do some work while it was nice out. I didn't get everything done because the wind picked back up again while I was up there, but I got the most important parts done.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 3:37 am

eric76 wrote:
downbutnotout wrote:
eric76 wrote:
downbutnotout wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I can't remember the last time I sat down in a tub and soaked.

Me neither, except for in hot tubs a couple times in December. The tub in my bathroom at home doesn't plug properly so I lose all my bath water and epsom salts. :/ I really should figure out how to remove that stupid thing and replace it.. it really shouldn't be very difficult, but when I've tried it just spins and doesn't thread out. Hmm, maybe I'll look at it again in a few weeks.

However, the place I've been staying at for the last week and the next 2-3 weeks.. it has a tub.. with jets! :D I picked up a jug of epsom salts and plan on soaking in it. Mmmmmmaybe still late tonight before bed, but maybe not until tmw night after work. But it's going to happen.. maybe every night for the next couple weeks. 8) Aaaah, simple luxuries! :)

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 3:45 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Aaaah, simple luxuries! :)

I usually think that simple luxuries are the best luxuries. Maybe the only true luxuries.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 3:55 am

V-Day is nothing special it's another day -zero impact in my brain/heart.
I know it means a lot to others though and that's important to remember.

It does make me sad that it makes people sad.

darkphantomx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jan 2015, 6:00 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
I won't be alone...I have Princess Peach, Samus Aran, Wii Fit Trainer, Palutena, the ladies of Fire Emblem and tons more gorgeous women.

And your computer full of girls ;)

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 7:11 pm

I'm married for almost 28 years. Valentine's day is just the day before you can get some good chocolate candy on sale nowdays for me. We are having a party, but it's going to be the day before V day, the 13th. That's a Friday night and that way couples who want to be alone, can be on V day. It's a Downton Abbey theme, and everybody is going to dress up. The only V day thing about it will be the decorations and all. It's my husband and my friends, and my kids friends who are coming to this. Food, a nice champagne punch, other drinks, music, "Cards Against Humanity" and other games. It'll be fun. Couples and singles.

For V day itself, I don't have any plans. I don't know if my daughter, who is the only one of my kids in a relationship right now is planning. They have been together about 7 years so I don't know that they are doing anything major either. I think they just get each other little gifts. I might get some filets and let him bbq them on his nice, big grill he's got here. Last time he did that, you could cut them with a fork.

Things aren't romantic between my husband and I anymore, and there is a lot that needs to be fixed before it would even approach romance. We don't really interact all that much. Basically, we are like Raymond's parents on Everybody Loves Raymond, except he's not quite that mean and I'm not fat and don't dress like her or have that beauty parlor hair. But otherwise, it's right on the money, food and all except I don't have a favorite kid like she does either. I've given up on trying to have any kind of romance or actual love type relationship with my husband. I mean I love him and he loves me, I do know he does, but he sucks really, really, REALLY bad at showing it. I mean, this is the man who for my 50th birthday last year, when my mother was in the hospital dying, and I wanted to actually do something for my birthday because 50 was a big deal to me and he knew that and he knew of my plans for that, decided to just go to his mothers for that weekend instead because of the Alabama A Day game, which he ended up not even going to because the night before the game, him and my oldest son got drunk and my son tripped in the yard on the sidewalk coming back up from the dock and tore his face up with road rash so he took my son to the ER to get stitches and cleaned up and they stayed there at the house all day and he came back home on my actual birthday and was hungover and just an as*hole to me. Happy f*****g Birthday, huh! So, I won't be celebrating any birthday with him this year! Although he took the day off work for his f*****g 50th birthday and had a party! On Valentines last year he laid in the bed hungover all day, was a total s**t to me, and I found out he had lost his job. So, there would be a lot of making up he would need to do before I'd even be interested in any romantic celebration with him, and he's not interested in one so now, instead of that or any other distraction, I'll just focus on throwing the party and everybody having a nice time.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 7:56 pm

1401b wrote:
V-Day is nothing special it's another day -zero impact in my brain/heart.
I know it means a lot to others though and that's important to remember.

It does make me sad that it makes people sad.

To me it is a day there is a good chance I will have the house to myself and everyone I know will be busy...which means I have the large living room t.v with surround sound all to myself. So cannot really say it makes me sad since it means Game of Thrones with surround sound, but that is the only reason I give a crap about that specific day.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 8:02 pm

eric76 wrote:
downbutnotout wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I'll make potatoes and figure out some kind of meat to put in them as well as, onion, garlic and such or maybe just attempt making stew. Or maybe I'll order chinese food since there is a good place, (though I do not really like their egg rolls the ones at 7-11 are better) that delivers depends on if I feel like being lazy or not.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 3:08 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
eric76 wrote:
downbutnotout wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I'll make potatoes and figure out some kind of meat to put in them as well as, onion, garlic and such or maybe just attempt making stew. Or maybe I'll order chinese food since there is a good place, (though I do not really like their egg rolls the ones at 7-11 are better) that delivers depends on if I feel like being lazy or not.

The kids friend who lives in Colorado and is visiting for a few weeks down here right now will be back up there then. He's single, nice looking, about your age, likes Game of Thrones, video games, and stuff like skateboarding and biking and stuff. He's laid back and moved to Colorado for the obvious reason now. Maybe ya'll could meet and hang out that day. (Not trying to get him a "hook up" he's laid back and nice and not like that, just thought ya'll might hit it off, you both seem to share some opinions and seem interested in the same stuff) Send me a PM if you want me to get his FB info or something for you. He's kind of a modern hippie type. I asked him and he said "sure, if she's cool and all". (I like fixing people up, and plus he's a really nice boy who I've known for years and I think he needs to meet a nice girl)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 11:33 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

sounds like the type of home made meal I would make too, on any given day

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2015, 9:08 pm

Me and a friend have a fun little tradition about the 14th. One of us was born on the 7th and the other was born on the 21st. So on the 14th we always hang together, exchange birthday gifts, and mess with the people celebrating. I think my favorite was the time we gave out free home-made chocolates....laced with laxatives.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 11:31 pm

I'll be resting up for the next day. My role model's birthday! :D