Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 7:48 am

KayteeKay wrote:
Brianruns10 wrote:
Thanks all for the supportive comments. And for the ones not supportive, the ones who make assumptions and accusations, well you know where you can go.

I don't call her worthless. I call LIARS worthless. Because once a person has lied to me, I don't know what I know about them. They're entirely suspect. And I can't have a person like that in my life. And the girl who stood me up IS a liar. Because she's not responded to me since she suddenly broke off our evening at the last minute feigning sickness. Yeah, right.

I had a great evening planned. I had food, I was cooking her dinner, it was going to be wonderful and I was going to be a perfect gentleman. I so yearn to find that person I can love and take care of and just give my absolute best, really prove to her that I'm worthy.

And this woman just blew that off. She was disrespectful and discourteous. All I ask of someone is that they be honest with me. That they be open. That they call once in a while. I'm so sick of always being the one to call or text. They do nothing, I do everything. Well to hell with her. I'll find someone someday who'll appreciate and actually want what I have to give.

An invitation is not a subpoena. An invitation is not a subpoena. You being mad about being stood up at the last minute (which was both rude & mean) DOES NOT MAKE A DINNER INVITATION A SUBPOENA!

Stopping youself from being the one to always call/text is a terrific idea -- it assumes the women who who reciprocate your interest will return your calls/texts!

You also might wanna rethink having aaaaallll this anger at some girl you barely knew standing you up. It happens, it does suck but declaring all women to be selfish/mean/liars because you happened to date a few that were? Is unlikely to make you happy.

(Also, you're worthy. For existing. Everybody is. Your worthiness is UNRELATED to the girl who stood you up. You've got NOTHING to prove to anybody).

At no point did Brian declare ALL women to be "worthless liars".........

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 2:32 pm

No love in this thread & XFG wasn't here to lock it? :scratch:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

KayteeKay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2015, 1:53 am

Quote:
waste. I gotta just quit. I gotta quit trying to find love, because all I find are worthless liars.

Actually, Brian DID call the women (collectively) he's come across worthless liars. Which suggests that:

(1) he lives in an area where all women are worthless liars (unlikely, from a statistical perspective)
(2) his reputation / behavior precedes him, in which case all but worthless liar women have the sense to avoid him like the plague
(3) his "picker" is effectively broken, resulting him asking out only worthless liar women

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 3:16 am

KayteeKay wrote:
Quote:
waste. I gotta just quit. I gotta quit trying to find love, because all I find are worthless liars.

Actually, Brian DID call the women (collectively) he's come across worthless liars. Which suggests that:

(1) he lives in an area where all women are worthless liars (unlikely, from a statistical perspective)
(2) his reputation / behavior precedes him, in which case all but worthless liar women have the sense to avoid him like the plague
(3) his "picker" is effectively broken, resulting him asking out only worthless liar women

Or he focuses on the times he's been either stood up or a girl has cancelled on him and may have decided that when he hears something he doesn't want to hear, he's going to believe that it's a lie, which it may or may not be.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 3:41 am

I still take issue with the idea that one lie makes a person worthless.

I'm sorry that you were let down, and I'm sorry you're having so much trouble, but I think that "worthless" takes things too far.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 9:55 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
I still take issue with the idea that one lie makes a person worthless.

I'm sorry that you were let down, and I'm sorry you're having so much trouble, but I think that "worthless" takes things too far.

"One lie=worthless liar" might be part of the problem. Since the "polite lie" is an accepted NT social norm, regarding it as horrible and the person who uses it as horrible (or a worthless liar) necessarily means not dating NTs.

I see two good options:

1)date only women on the autism spectrum and be confident that none will use the "polite lie" but will always be upfront with their reasons for making various decisions

2)date NTs too, but be more accepting of the "polite lie"

Option 3 is not so good
3)date NTs too and be furious every time they use a "polite lie", get more and more discouraged but keep looking for an NT woman who will never, ever under any circumstances do this- that can't end well because she's unlikely to exist

darkphantomx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jan 2015, 1:02 pm

Maybe she thought you two were going to "do it" and was scared because of finding out about your centimeter peter. :P Okay maybe minus the last part.

Don't worry man, theres plenty of fish in the sea of life. And if all else fails, then you can contribute to the world without needing a girlfriend. You dont need a girlfriend to be happy. Haha good one... :lol: No but seriously, don't worry. Only start to worry when the cows come home.

Last edited by darkphantomx on 28 Jan 2015, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 5:37 am

darkphantomx wrote:
Maybe she thought you two were going to "do it" and was scared because of finding out about your centimeter peter. :P Okay maybe minus the last part.

You joined two days ago, and have already been reported a few times...please check the forum rules.

viewtopic.php?t=12459