Friends girlfriend trying to hook me up with a date!

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 5:44 am

Well a frieind of mines girlfriend is trying to hook me up with a friend of hers, I dont know why and I dont get why people keep asking me why I dont have a girlfriend and wanting to hook me up with one but here it goes, I am nervous I dont know what to do it is freaking me out I don't think this person will like me anyway regardless of how eager she wants to meet me. Butterflies are breeding and swarming in my stomach right now and anxiety building up!I am scared and frightened I dont know what to do it has been so long since I have gone on a date and whats more frightening is I havent met this person yet! I am freaking out!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Echolalia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jan 2015, 6:24 am

It's easy. Just sit at home playing video games until the time of the date then txt her saying you are sick. It's what most guys do. Your friends GF will be so disgusted that you stood her friend up that she will tell everyone she knows what a jerk you are and will never talk to you again. Much less try and set you up. Likewise every eligible female within a 20 mile radius will never want to date you either. Job done, problem solved. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 11:17 am

Echolalia wrote:
It's easy. Just sit at home playing video games until the time of the date then txt her saying you are sick. It's what most guys do. Your friends GF will be so disgusted that you stood her friend up that she will tell everyone she knows what a jerk you are and will never talk to you again. Much less try and set you up. Likewise every eligible female within a 20 mile radius will never want to date you either. Job done, problem solved. :mrgreen:

No, don't do that. Go with it. Maybe you'll like her. Given that being an aspie makes it difficult to get a girlfriend in the first place, you can't afford to pass off opportunities.

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2015, 1:51 pm

Don't look at the situation as a potential date or girlfriend. Look at it as a chance to meet another person who could be interesting. Maybe it's a chance to make a new friend. It might help take some of the pressure off if you let her know it's been a while since you went on a date.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 4:11 pm

Look at yourself, are you getting dates right and left?
I guess not.
Then go for it, what you are gonna lose?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 4:22 pm

Aspies need the experience of being in social situations--I'd go if I were you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 8:49 pm

Sounds like she could be a nice girl. Maybe she's even into anime!

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 10:55 pm

You should try to distract yourself a bit from anxiety. Don't set too high expectations for yourself, whatever happens good or bad just roll with it.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 12:11 am

Echolalia wrote:
I cant do that I mean i could but not only would it be a dick move it would piss my friend and his girlfriend off as well.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Echolalia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jan 2015, 1:57 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Echolalia wrote:
I cant do that I mean i could but not only would it be a dick move it would piss my friend and his girlfriend off as well.

Yes I know. It was a joke.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 3:00 am

Echolalia wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Echolalia wrote:

Yes I know. It was a joke.
OK I wasnt sure Ill give it a shot, not the dick move of course LOL if things work out they will If they don't they don't Its just her way of trying to help 2 people out at the same time so Ill have to go for it I guess, Im just so nervous atm.

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2015, 9:26 pm

Good luck. When you get nervous try focusing on your breathing. Follow the breath in your nostrils, down your windpipe, into the lungs. And back out. It's a handy trick for keeping calm.

KayteeKay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2015, 10:08 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Well a frieind of mines girlfriend is trying to hook me up with a friend of hers, I dont know why and I dont get why people keep asking me why I dont have a girlfriend and wanting to hook me up with one but here it goes, I am nervous I dont know what to do it is freaking me out I don't think this person will like me anyway regardless of how eager she wants to meet me. Butterflies are breeding and swarming in my stomach right now and anxiety building up!I am scared and frightened I dont know what to do it has been so long since I have gone on a date and whats more frightening is I havent met this person yet! I am freaking out!

Have you spoken to the girl and has she confirmed a date/location/time to go on a date with you?

If not, it is WAY too soon to panic. For all you know, she's busy for the next six months, fell crazy in love with a guy she met at Starbucks yesterday or whatnot.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 1:41 am

Good luck. :)

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 6:19 am

KayteeKay wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Have you spoken to the girl and has she confirmed a date/location/time to go on a date with you?

If not, it is WAY too soon to panic. For all you know, she's busy for the next six months, fell crazy in love with a guy she met at Starbucks yesterday or whatnot.

I sure hope so I dont think I want to fall in love again at least this way!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 2:08 pm

I hope it goes well for you. :)