Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 11:43 am

Probably the biggest contributor to the 'Suckiness' of Sweden and other Scandinavian countries is the Janteloven (in Swedish, the term is Jantelagen), which translated into English is 'Jante's Laws';

You’re not to think you are anything special.
You’re not to think you are as good as us.
You’re not to think you are smarter than us.
You’re not to convince yourself that you are better than us.
You’re not to think you know more than us.
You’re not to think you are more important than us.
You’re not to think you are good at anything.
You’re not to laugh at us.
You’re not to think anyone cares about you.
You’re not to think you can teach us anything.
Perhaps you don’t think I know a few things about you?

Essentially what it means is the collective community matters more than the individual person. Conversely, being differant from the community is either not acknowleged and discussed, unless to scorn those who are differant from said community.

So, in a way even though Sweden and other Scandinavian countries appear to be liberal and progressive, they are actually quite repressive and intolerant of individual liberty.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 12:20 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Lets not forget the radical femnazis running everything and implimenting laws that men should pee sitting down!

That's a pretty outrageous claim, sauce?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 8:20 pm

Ok this thread was not started with the intent of criticizing all of liberalism. It's just critical of it being applied in excess.

And I have read about the European meaning of the word liberal too. But it's not exactly the same meaning everywhere.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:29 am

K_Kelly wrote:
Ok this thread was not started with the intent of criticizing all of liberalism. It's just critical of it being applied in excess.

And I have read about the European meaning of the word liberal too. But it's not exactly the same meaning everywhere.
It seems like you didn't listen to the audio I posted. I think the episode about Finland is a good illustration of what I think sucks about Sweden. There is hardly any individualism. It's very conformist. Since almost everybody supports the system you get the kind of situation you have with Finland in that episode, and the result is alienation. The Muslim immigrants that come here come from a very different culture, I'd guess one with much stronger connection between family members. This is the result of cradle-to-grave government subsidies. I think this is why some of them begin to rape etc. I recently watched a clip with a liberal immigrant here who travels around the country and does a speech/show about how oppressive he thought his father was. That guy is pretty much Sweden 2015 in a nutshell.

I think this kind of people are just being used by others for different political purposes. Most of the stuff you see and hear is the tools, not the actual operators. Like anywhere but it's quite obvious here in Sweden, and yet most people do not seem to be aware of it. That's why people feel hollow.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 3:48 am

One thing that has happened to me personally and that contributed to me waking up is that I struggled quite a lot and was unemployed for a long time etc. When I was going through all that I kind of clashed with the system, and I think you have to clash with any system to actually see it perhaps. I noticed that there is a huge web of government subsidies in every aspect of life. And people think that this actually helps, and so when someone struggles they have an attitude towards them like they are more or less ret*d and useless. They think that if you struggle despite all this "help" you must be a moron. But this has enlightened me to other dimensions of this and I now see that the proper morons are all these robots who don't clash in any way with the system and who keep perpetuating it. In another of the audio clips I posted he talks about how subsidies are used to control. For example you subsidize the media. This is said to be for the purpose of "allowing free speech" because small businesses will not be able to compete with those that are already established so they need support, or something like that. And that kind of thing is ubiquitous. You have it in the job market and everywhere. But few realize the actual purpose of it. If you subsidize something you get the situation of "you don't bite the hand that feeds you". And furthermore if all of your competitors have a certain subsidy you won't be able to compete with them without the subsidy so you are forced into accepting the subsidy. When you have the government take care of the children and the elderly, and pay for education with loans and grants etc. you end up with a situation where parents and children have little to do with each other, and where parents don't think that they should care about their children and children don't think that they should care about their parents. And in my view this all seems to lead to a situation where you have a gradual development where it gets harder and harder to live, you become more and more inhibited, and where the previous generation has not gone through the same thing so they aren't enlightened about it. They'll then view you as inferior, which contributes to the alienation when you are enlightened enough to see that it's people like them who perpetuate the system that you clash with. So it's like someone is pushing you to the ground and at the same time saying "poor you that can't stand up". That's the kind of quality I see a lot in people that are all about tolerance and compassion. They might be benevolent, at least superficially, but they lack enlightenment. Have you ever wondered why the most powerful and enlightened people on the planet appear to be the most evil and why the most benevolent are the most easily manipulated? I think the answer might be there.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 4:02 am

tomato wrote:
One thing that has happened to me personally and that contributed to me waking up is that I struggled quite a lot and was unemployed for a long time etc. When I was going through all that I kind of clashed with the system, and I think you have to clash with any system to actually see it perhaps. I noticed that there is a huge web of government subsidies in every aspect of life. And people think that this actually helps, and so when someone struggles they have an attitude towards them like they are more or less ret*d and useless. They think that if you struggle despite all this "help" you must be a moron. But this has enlightened me to other dimensions of this and I now see that the proper morons are all these robots who don't clash in any way with the system and who keep perpetuating it. In another of the audio clips I posted he talks about how subsidies are used to control. For example you subsidize the media. This is said to be for the purpose of "allowing free speech" because small businesses will not be able to compete with those that are already established so they need support, or something like that. And that kind of thing is ubiquitous. You have it in the job market and everywhere. But few realize the actual purpose of it. If you subsidize something you get the situation of "you don't bite the hand that feeds you". And furthermore if all of your competitors have a certain subsidy you won't be able to compete with them without the subsidy so you are forced into accepting the subsidy. When you have the government take care of the children and the elderly, and pay for education with loans and grants etc. you end up with a situation where parents and children have little to do with each other, and where parents don't think that they should care about their children and children don't think that they should care about their parents. And in my view this all seems to lead to a situation where you have a gradual development where it gets harder and harder to live, you become more and more inhibited, and where the previous generation has not gone through the same thing so they aren't enlightened about it. They'll then view you as inferior, which contributes to the alienation when you are enlightened enough to see that it's people like them who perpetuate the system that you clash with. So it's like someone is pushing you to the ground and at the same time saying "poor you that can't stand up". That's the kind of quality I see a lot in people that are all about tolerance and compassion. They might be benevolent, at least superficially, but they lack enlightenment. Have you ever wondered why the most powerful and enlightened people on the planet appear to be the most evil and why the most benevolent are the most easily manipulated? I think the answer might be there.
I think that this also is a good example of how politics and religion have been used for a long time. People will do what they think is right, even if they do something they wouldn't have done had they been more enlightened. This is why you have layers of exoteric and esoteric in religion and politics.

Quote:
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 5:23 am

So here's one example of what I'm talking about. The government agency for financial aid for studies is called CSN. A school or institution whose students get financial aid from CSN has to be approved. Such approval comes with a list of requirements. If almost all the students have such aid you'll not be able to compete against other schools if you don't meet those requirements. This is how the government controls everything in detail. And when you as an individual have a big debt to CSN that takes perhaps decades to pay off they'll be able to control you through that; if you don't pay the authorities come etc.

Another example is "new start jobs":

Quote:
If you have been out of work for a long time or are new in Sweden, the
employer can receive payment for employing you. The support is called
New start job or Special new start job.

Well isn't that great? How compassionate.

If you think just a little bit beyond the apparent you might see other dimensions of this.

When you are eligible for this new start job you are competing with those people that have been unemployed for a time that is shorter than what's required to receive this aid. Thus making it harder for them to get a job. The company that wants to hire a new person might have 4 companies in close proximity who are in the same field of business, and are competitors. When these 4 all have people with such aid employed you can't compete and is forced to hire people with this aid. This aid is money that goes to the company for hiring a person who has been unemployed for a certain minimum time. The company has to be approved by the authorities to receive this aid, and this approval comes with a list of requirements. So now the government controls the small businesses who have to abide these requirements unless they want to operate illegally.

Last edited by tomato on 27 Jan 2015, 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 5:36 am

Mort wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
I am considering migrating to Sweden BECAUSE of its progressiveness.

Have you researched whether or not they will even have you?

If he is Muslim, they will come and pack his bags for him.