Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 3:25 am

Since terrorists want to kill people over parodies and satires due to free speech I say bring it on!! ! Its freedom of expression sure you may not agree on it but everyone has their own opinion! So If someone has a different opinion and mocks your belief its ok to go ape s**t and kill that person because hes mocking your religion? You have every right to be angry or offended but killing people over it only makes things worse sorry! I myself am an athiest and don't care if people mock me I might get annoyed but they have their opinion and I move on. This is a demonstration of freedom of thought and expression and not Sharia Law! Other countries have other systems so Sharia Law does not apply to them either or any religious law that encourages killing people for having indipendant opinions!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 4:13 am

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 4:24 am

The artwork of Dill:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 4:39 am

I propose four cartoon strips:

!. Make Over Muhammad.
@. Make Over Jesus
#. Make Over Moses
%. Make Over Abraham.

In which all of them will try various styles of dress, see how they like them. We will fit each of them into different eras in history - fashion wise. From powdered wigs, and flairs to designer suits and paisleys.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 10:23 pm

I don't have a muhammed cartoon, however I did see this one and i thought it was appropriate to this thread.

My deviant art profile

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 1:35 pm

^^ well free speech is free speech so I cannot oppose it.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 4:08 pm

thomas81 wrote:
I don't have a muhammed cartoon, however I did see this one and i thought it was appropriate to this thread.

Naaah, I thought that this one was better:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 2:37 am

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 2:40 am

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 2:41 am

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 12:10 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
^^ well free speech is free speech so I cannot oppose it.

After seeing that - complete with Qua ran citations - I'm not quite as embarrassed about my religion having Leviticus. :lol:

DeuceKaboose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jan 2015, 11:53 pm

thomas81 wrote:

People make fun of Jesus and the pope all the time, a lot people blame the Jews for just about everything including burning the toast. What's wrong with making fun of Muhammad?

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 7:07 am

DeuceKaboose wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

People make fun of Jesus and the pope all the time, a lot people blame the Jews for just about everything including burning the toast. What's wrong with making fun of Muhammad?

They do not make a big deal out of the fact that the Kim dynasty is humanistic--or that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were atheists. Why blame the Charlie Hebdo massacre on 1.6 billion people?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 9:48 am

Kurgan wrote:
DeuceKaboose wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

They do not make a big deal out of the fact that the Kim dynasty is humanistic--or that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were atheists. Why blame the Charlie Hebdo massacre on 1.6 billion people?

Because the perpetrators claim that the massacre was done in the name of Islam. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold did not and neither did they ever claim that they committed the Columbine High School massacre in the name of atheism. When they stop claiming that such massacres are in revenge for "insulting the Prophet", then we'll stop making a deal out of the fact that they're muslims.

DeuceKaboose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2015, 11:31 am

Kurgan wrote:
DeuceKaboose wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Poking fun at there religions prophet is not blaming all those said people

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Jan 2015, 11:50 am

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment of Kurgan's posts, it's a bit of a stretch to say the Kim dynasty is "humanist". I do not believe any of them have claimed to be humanist, and regardless, they're quite clearly against the use of empiricism and rationalism.