Page 2 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 10:30 pm

I am probably a desist of some sort. I have no use for religion.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2015, 1:52 pm

Denying the existence of God, is like denying the existence of your mother.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 4:54 pm

^ I find this really offensive and at the same time really asinine. I have a great deal of evidence that my mother exists, in fact anyone who has ever lived has a great deal of evidence for the existence of their mother or at the the very least the existence of the originator of their egg.

The problem here is people extend a kind of anthropomorphism to the universe, in that we all have parents, all life on earth has parents/parent therefore the universe must have a parent. We have a tiny inkling regarding the causation of the universe and that is all. Within this knowledge there is ZERO evidence of an "uncaused first cause"

The use of god as a creator creates more issues than it solves, and certainly the idea of a theistic god, one who can interfere with daily happenings on this planet raises, a great many more questions regarding his character and competency.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 5:32 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
^ I find this really offensive and at the same time really asinine. I have a great deal of evidence that my mother exists, in fact anyone who has ever lived has a great deal of evidence for the existence of their mother or at the the very least the existence of the originator of their egg.

The problem here is people extend a kind of anthropomorphism to the universe, in that we all have parents, all life on earth has parents/parent therefore the universe must have a parent. We have a tiny inkling regarding the causation of the universe and that is all. Within this knowledge there is ZERO evidence of an "uncaused first cause"

The use of god as a creator creates more issues than it solves, and certainly the idea of a theistic god, one who can interfere with daily happenings on this planet raises, a great many more questions regarding his character and competency.

Dude, 'Mother' Nature True, is a metaphor, not A HUMAN WITH A Vagi'.

The reported words in the Gnostic Gospels of Jesus use similar metaphors.

Unfortunately as it may be, SOME Literal thinking fundamentalist religious folks and SOME atheists CONTINUE to take this OUT of context.

'Mother' Nature True 'IS yOur Master', get used to 'her', and live COOPERATIVELY with her, as a 'friend', in the Literal HEAVEN OF NOW or PAY THE CONSEQUENCES in the Literal HELL OF NOW.

AND TO BE CLEAR, crystal clear, this IS A METAPHOR NOT directed personally at YA. :)

P.S.

SORRY, if I made her sound like A MAFIA GIRL. ;)

AND oh by the way, there is ABSOLUTELY NO RULE OR ABSOLUTE TRUTH THAT STATES THAT MOTHER Nature True has to play by HUMAN DERIVED RULES OF CAUSE AND EFFECT.

WHAT that means IS Mother Nature TRUE CAN be a strange and synchronistic chick too!...;)

In other words the CHICKEN CAN COME BEFORE THE EGG, IN GOD'S 'mind'.

UnleSS someone can PROVE 'IT' CANNOT GENERATE 'IT' 'SELF'.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 7:25 pm

I am Catholic. I was raised Catholic and still am, despite many people telling me to believe in God they way they do.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 7:52 pm

aghogday wrote:

AND oh by the way, there is ABSOLUTELY NO RULE OR ABSOLUTE TRUTH THAT STATES THAT MOTHER Nature True has to play by HUMAN DERIVED RULES OF CAUSE AND EFFECT.
Mother Nature TRUE CAN be a strange and synchronistic chick too!...;)

Ahh DUDE tHIS is wHaT I am GEtting At DUDE. WeLL AT lEAsT thAT iS WhAT I am SayinG aBoUT tHE CAusTation oF ThE UNiVERSE What"s yOur PoINt.

You see nature as God, you see it as a sentient thing with a direction and purpose . For which there is no evidence. As to the post by Sophisticated I do not see any inference that they have the same concept for god as you. What I get from their post is the canard "its Self Evident' that an Abrahamic version of god exists. Again this is an assumption one that I am happy for Sophisticated to elaborate upon.

I tell you aghog reading your writing style is hard but using it is harder, you must be exhausted or is this another of your superhuman abilities. :P

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm

Why? It is simple. The Divine Proportion. The Golden Ratio. Phi. 1:1.618. I like to think of it as God's signature in the margins of His work.

Phi pops up in nature: http://www.io9.com/5985588/15-uncanny-e ... -in-nature .

It influences a lot of things including design, architecture, art, finance, physiology and weather, among other things: http://www.goldennumber.net/ .

Even our own solar system: https://tallbloke.wordpress.com/2013/02 ... io-why-phi .

Anyway, something this ubiquitous can't be coincidental. I have other reasons for believing, but Phi is the most interesting.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 9:01 pm

BlueYellowBrownGreen wrote:
Wow, thank you for sharing sashahunter; that sounds like a cool vision! One time I was really lost and almost out of gas and I prayed to God, "Please God, take me home" and suddenly, someone was knocking on my car window (in the middle of traffic) and I rolled the window down a bit and this person out of nowhere said pointed to a road that I should take and I did take that road and I got home. True story. I didn't see that person again and I didn't even know where the person came from.

Lol you may appreciate the following joke than...

So there was a man who survived a ship wreck and stuck clinging to floating wreckage..and he prayed to god to save him. Soon enough a ship came by and the man was offered a rope to climb aboard he refused saying 'god will save me' this happened twice more...then nature takes over the man drowns wakes up in heaven and asks god 'why didn't you save me' and god says 'Well I sent 3 ships your way'.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 9:11 pm

As for my beliefs I do not believe in a specific religion or god....But I think there are spirit energies or some spirit force of that nature that can influence things. I don't believe in humanized diety though but I don't think everything is just numbers and equations either there is more to it than that. I was raised believing in Christianity, but eventually came to reject it as I got kind of disgusted about some hypocrisy I was seeing within the christian community. I am by no means an athiest, though not sure I'd qualify as agnostic either but I guess I don't need to have a specific label for my beliefs.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 11:09 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Mother Nature TRUE CAN be a strange and synchronistic chick too!...;)

Ahh DUDE tHIS is wHaT I am GEtting At DUDE. WeLL AT lEAsT thAT iS WhAT I am SayinG aBoUT tHE CAusTation oF ThE UNiVERSE What"s yOur PoINt.

You see nature as God, you see it as a sentient thing with a direction and purpose . For which there is no evidence. As to the post by Sophisticated I do not see any inference that they have the same concept for god as you. What I get from their post is the canard "its Self Evident' that an Abrahamic version of god exists. Again this is an assumption one that I am happy for Sophisticated to elaborate upon.

I tell you aghog reading your writing style is hard but using it is harder, you must be exhausted or is this another of your superhuman abilities. :P

I did not say Mother Nature True is a sentient thing with a direction and purpose.

That would be assigning anthropomorphic abilities to Mother Nature True and that is something I do not literally do.

I specifically stated what I was saying was metaphor; per the quotes around mind and wink by chick.

And truly being me is fun. :)

Sorry, I forgot about your distaste for my style of literary devices.

So I am going easy on you here. :)

The problem is you assumed the other individual meant an Abrahamic GOD, and that is a natural preconceived potential fallacy that I offered another point of view for.

Truly not many people believe in the bearded sky GOD anymore.

But yes, sadly enough, MANY folks still believe that the human, Jesus, if he really existed is the frigging King of the Universe.

A humble Yogi leaning teacher is at most what he was, crucified or not.

But yes, Yogis can be amazing and it is no wonder back then if he achieved some of the things they can do that folks expressed awe for the dude wherever he went.

It happens to me all the time in real life. And yes, I'm dead serious about that. I do not ask for it, it's JUST AN ALL NATURAL OCCURRENCE.

AND OF course I CAN PROVIDE THE EVIDENCE on request. :)

I better leave now, before more caps come. :)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 11:15 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Why? It is simple. The Divine Proportion. The Golden Ratio. Phi. 1:1.618. I like to think of it as God's signature in the margins of His work.

Phi pops up in nature: http://www.io9.com/5985588/15-uncanny-e ... -in-nature .

It influences a lot of things including design, architecture, art, finance, physiology and weather, among other things: http://www.goldennumber.net/ .

Even our own solar system: https://tallbloke.wordpress.com/2013/02 ... io-why-phi .

Anyway, something this ubiquitous can't be coincidental. I have other reasons for believing, but Phi is the most interesting.

I agree with this and use it in my poetry all the time to express the beauty of the patterns of GOD above, so below, within us and outside of us. :)

Yes, Phi is cool. :)

And GOD is even more amazing, taken all things and possibilities into account.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2015, 1:48 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:

What about your great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grand mother .... Did she walk the earth ?

You will say yes, but scientifically speaking you have no idea.

I can't prove the existence of God using science. But using logic and reasoning I can get myself to believe in God.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:54 pm

sophisticated wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:

What about your great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grand mother .... Did she walk the earth ?

I can't prove the existence of God using science. But using logic and reasoning I can get myself to believe in God.

Well, as I walk the earth, I'm therefore pretty certain that my several times removed great grandmother did so as well.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2015, 2:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:

Well, as I walk the earth, I'm therefore pretty certain that my several times removed great grandmother did so as well.

Well, as I exist, therefore God exists.

It would be absurd to deny the existence of God, no ?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 2:50 pm

sophisticated wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:

That's a matter for faith, not logic.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2015, 3:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:

That's a matter for faith, not logic.

No it's not. I'm using the exact same logic as you.