Facebook group for aspie singles.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 8:43 am

So, in browsing through the various forums on Delphi dealing with Asperger related topics, I came across a Facebook group for Aspie singles only started very recently last year by someone from one of those forums:

https://www.facebook.com/aspergerssingles

It's apparently connected to this forum:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/asfamily/start

So, what do you guys think? Since it's very new, do you think that we can join and try to grow this group? It doesn't have many members yet.

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 9:44 am

There'd be lots of male members and if they'll be enough lucky - one or two single girls. Look at wrong planet's singles list.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 10:58 am

Andreger wrote:
There'd be lots of male members and if they'll be enough lucky - one or two single girls. Look at wrong planet's singles list.

Well, there are more males than females diagnosed but given that a lot of us would like to date another aspie, surely there's no harm in trying?

Well, I guess this means that nobody will be interested. It's a pity because I thought a Facebook group would allow people to connect with others in their own area and thus be more successful than single lists on WP. At least it would be for me because very few other people from my own country even post here regalarly.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 12:58 pm

By the way, the two people who have signed up and posted on that page are female, both in the UK though.

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 1:33 am

I'm sure many are interested in theory. So as me for example.
Why then I didn't join this group? I'm not into dating at all and even don't know what to say girl I'll like not to look weird. Small talks and flirting are not my strong side - and at the same time I'm sure I won't find there girl that share common interests and values with me.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 6:49 am

Ok, so there was a spike in page likes almost immediately after I had posted this thread. Are there people her who like that page but didn't post here?

GreatAlli
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2015, 7:20 am

I think I'll be trying my luck with an NT if/when I attempt to take up dating again. I think this might be better as a FB group, though? With a group you can see members whereas you can't see people who like the page unless they post, like, etc.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:05 am

GreatAlli wrote:
I think I'll be trying my luck with an NT if/when I attempt to take up dating again. I think this might be better as a FB group, though? With a group you can see members whereas you can't see people who like the page unless they post, like, etc.

You're right. It appears to just be a page, I'm not sure how it works.