Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 5:10 am

Let's say a family gets into a very serious car accident. A two-year old is riding in the back. Both the parents are injured. Does this have any long-lasting effects on the two-year old's brain even if they don't remember the accident? For how long do these effects last if any?

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 6:41 am

mine lasted.

my one was a Guilt event (2yr5m)
And a love/wow/please explain event at 2yr1m8day.
both are todo with one object.

The guilt one sticks more often.

I also have a pre 2yr old one but that one is more environmental and it's only emotional context is smell/light based. ie. I think I am not old enough yet to have multiple associations, and the only reason the memory is there is maybe because I am alone in it. It's a hell memory. - not a very nice one, the memory sticks almost soulie based on an environment that I remember because I am bemused/want change. It's a strange on e to decipher.

and the only other one is eating raw onion out of the ground: but I am unsure of the time frame, my best guess is 2-4 ... but I doubt later ages b/c most 3+ yr olds have been shun by parents to not eat out of the garden.

The trauma CAN stick...

in my case the memories were re-invoked in sleep time as I was growing up: In other words I have been accessing those memories continually, hence why I still have them.

Happy people usually forget (I perceive them to be bimbos), and people like me, are actually just observing these kind as the type that are not worth my time: ie these people have no practiced memory ability -- they just prance around life looking for reward.

PS: I now know the technique to BURN myself into peoples minds quite easily. Yes: a car accident works! - almost!! !

For I have been in a car accident, and asked the fellow occupants what happened in that accident weeks - through too years after -- the data changes with each time you ask it: The problem is sometimes the method with which the question is posed illicits the answer's changes: so it's impossible to perceive memory properly. Today I could ask anyone of those people in the accident the colour of the car and I could doctor their response, simply by knowing the individuals tastes...my conclusion is that humans use a compression algorithm (and conclusive proof) too store memories based on objects...eg colour is an object - that I can illicit out of the verbaliser of the person trying to access a memory, that they never really cared about (ie. They didn't practise and burn the event into thier minds.)

To continue about memories: Have you ever noticed how sometimes people you haven't met in years think you were their at thier b.day party? - even though you haven't celebrated a b.day,including your own since you were 12!! !.
ie. Most people can't remember thier breakfast properly: let alone valued or even traumatic moments.
Traumatic moments are more accurate though -> as if the human wants to make sure it doesn't re-occur, therefore makes sure it is remember vividly...happy moments even huge ones aren't that perfect in recall ability.

It is possible to get bored bimbos to recall moments that don't exist - as if they were traumatic.

Makes me a god - or sick of the world.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 4:23 pm

Hmm, interesting response.

Anyway I was in an accident like this at 2 years old (maybe younger). fThere are photos to prove it. Don't remember any of it since I was so young. I wasn't hurt but my parents were. I've heard that early life stressors can cause mental illness to appear later in life. So I was just asking out of curiosity, would such a thing have an impact on the brain.

I heard voices as a teenager. I've read a lot of things that say voices are often trauma relate. Personally, I think the voices were related to bullying and isolation and well-founded paranoia (I was an outcast and actually was picked on some so I had reason to be parranoid) I think it's an interesting topic.

I just thought of the car accident but I think it's sort of irrelevant. I was just curious if there are any psychologists who could answer this.

Anyone relate to any of this?

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 8:50 am

If you can't remember it than NO.

There are some states that can create subconscious reactions that persist in life, but of course you personally would not be aware of them, only someone that has known you since birth would know the outcome of the event that triggered a change in your upbringing.

Trauma from a car accident: If every occupant is OK, than it really isn't trauma....and if you can't remember or recall anything about the event the first time without concentration: Then it's impossible too prove that you have any memory of the event at all. ie. If asked you may just be filling in the blanks, ineffect creating a false memory. It is why hypnosis is a debated topic (the hypnotised are fed information in snippet form untill the mind starts to put objects together that fit a story line - it is why its not used in court)

Voices are a topic I stear clear of: I too have been through it -> personally I just tell them too F off.

SydFurry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2015, 6:53 pm

The child may not be able to remember the trauma, until they are triggered by something. The effects of PTSD vary depending on the person and the severity of the trauma.