Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2015, 3:19 am

I always used to hate on my Asperger's - blaming it for everything I couldn't do, wondering why I couldn't be 'normal' like everybody else...

'Til I discovered that 'normal' or being normal was overrated anyway, because NT's have their own set of problems which, fortunately, I don't have!

Things like always feeling the need to be liked, included in other people's lives and getting depressed when they are not and besides, there aren't any excuses for acting weird when you are normal. :lol:

Since embracing myself holistically, as an Aspie's sufferer and not trying to fight it, it gave up fighting me. If I stim, pace in circles, am rude or blunt and uncoordinated...so what? that's who I am - like it or lump it.

I cannot help it and I cannot control it (or very limited control) so why even bother about it? It's like telling somebody who has a broken leg to try and run - the expectations you have about yourself are totally unrealistic.

So, concentrate on your strengths and those things you are good at and put all those things you are not so good at down to having Asperger's Disorder.

It may be a 'cop out', but if it helps you sleep better at night knowing that resistance is futile, the exercise is well worth the effort.

Good luck and all the best with it.