Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 11:38 am

...4 hours.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Jan 2015, 11:56 pm

The body can get used to being on meds that make you tired & starts to compensate for the drowsiness. You might have to be off Seroquel awhile for your body to adjust before you sleep more normally off it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 8:58 pm

Really? To be honest, before I was started on clonazepam regularly (instead of PRN) in January, I had grown increasingly unable to sleep and my sleeping would seem to be very shallow, like I didn't really rest at all. Even clonazepam didn't entirely fix it, until I started taking sedating antipsychotics, which finally helped me enter a deep sleep.

After waking from such shallow sleep, I feel all weird inside and my thoughts seem strange and pressured.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 7:38 am

Well, I skipped the Seroquel and went to bed at 1 AM. Woke up at 5 AM.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 9:46 am

Ugh, I just took my prescribed dose of 800 mg/day. That sleep was way too shallow. My thoughts have gone off in a million different directions, some of those directions causing my stomach to ache.

I look forward to several hours of nice, deep sleep and an internal sense of calm again.

Unfortunately, I may not be able to refill my Seroquel next month because I will have a gap in insurance and I know antipsychotics can be very expensive, especially when you're prescribed the max dose.

I have schizotypal disorder (though we wonder if it is really residual schizophrenia because I had a full-blown psychotic episode at 14 that we were able to look at in retrospect) and I've been decompensating the past few months, so my doctor has been aggressive with the dose.