Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 5:10 pm

Lately all the rage is so much conversation about these hardcore Muslim neighborhoods in cities like London in the UK and other areas in Europe which are primarily Muslim and "women are afraid to walk without veils," regardless of culture or nationality. The way such locations are portrayed seems more like boogie man zones than ethnocentric. As Americans we are supposed to have pathological fear and dread that Muslims could take over complete neighborhoods and then any woman walking through such places would be forced into succumbing to veil wearing. It's the worst possible fate imaginable! :roll:
Not really, but on a more serious note, I would fear the possibility of being abducted by a radical jihadist turned loose in the hood a bit more than the terrifying image of a lady in a burqa so maybe.
What I do not get is this idea that America is a Utopia untouched by violence and crime and that we, in fact, have many neighborhoods in this country where people of a different race are afraid to walk and sometimes drive, through.
So, why not work on our own assimilation and integration of people who are Americans and yet live in their own ghettos and ethnocentric 'hoods? Let them branch out into other places and I am sure everyone will welcome each other with love in their hearts, tolerance, and open arms?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :?:

:afro: