Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Shaded
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jan 2015, 2:26 am

I have posted a thread on here last moth regarding me and my ex not agreeing with some things. I finally moved out of her place. Not to mention, I think the girl had problems. She also started treating me bad, and yelling at me a lot. I wish her the best, but if she thinks that she is marriage material she is delusional, seriously.

I met up with another woman. The group of women I always attract are: BBWs, single moms, or ones with emotional mental problems. This woman in particular had emotional mental problems. The first time we met. She invited me to her place and we slept together.
I felt indifferent about it.
About a few days later, she tells me about her being raped by her pastor, and also as a young girl by her dad. If she would've said that before we slept together, I wouldn't have slept with her.
She also had personal living problems; her roommate was being an unfair b***h and kicking her out. But what the woman said, broke the final straw.
I asked her how she was doing, she said not good. I told her to explain. She said, work, living situation, not knowing if she wants to live at all. Once she said that, I got afraid. So I told her the truth. And called it quits.
That is something I am not prepared to handle.

My mom is being pretty confident on moving to Texas the end of this year, before winter falls. So if that is the case, I might as well not get too invested into dating.

Honestly I think my last relationship took more out of me mentally than I thought. I am actually growing tired of dating and trying to form relationships. I am running out of the mental capacity for it. Plus I am at an age where I won't give women what they want; marriage and kids. At 25, women are not looking for a guy that is not sure of that. I actually want to really date a friend of mine, Jennifer, she has a son but we have tons in common. At some point last year, she just stopped talking. Sure she'd 'Like' my statuses or pictures, but those convos we had are non existent. She did apologize for not talking--saying work consumes most her time, I understand. But after that, I rarely ever hear from her. I wonder....is it something I did wrong, or she just doesn't want to get into dating? Who knows? So that is that.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 2:59 am

I find that it isn't so much being finished with dating. It's that as you grow older, you find that you know what you want and how you want to go about getting it. You also realize what BS you will and will not put up with. You may also realize what it is you are doing to attract the types you are and how you might want to go about changing that. Perhaps that is what you might be going through yourself when it comes to dating.

You are in your mid twenties now. Being 25 is like a hitting a crossroad for so many different reasons, but that is a different story. The difference between dating in your early twenties and late twenties for me was:

Early 20's: You hook up with someone and yet you still don't know if the other person likes you. Communicating with that person on how to fix any problem between the two of you is a foreign concept. You talk to anyone but that partner about your problem.

Late 20's: You simply ask the person if they are interested or not because you really don't have time to deal with their BS/not knowing what they want. Any issue between the two of you is strictly between the two of you.

Shaded
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2015, 4:54 pm

Man, I agree that is a good way of putting it. As reading your reply, I was thinking to myself; he does have a point. I caught myself saying that multiple times.

I haven't noticed but now I look back, I am more direct and sharp with my intentions and expectations now. Versus when I was in my early 20's there was a lot of trial and error. And I am also thinking, maybe Jennifer is just interested in another guy. And when it's all said and done, she has more country traits in her than those city traits she had when we were in HS. As of now I am more stoic about it. I just got my membership to the YMCA and I am very excited for that.

My mom, she actually sent me a picture of my ex GF (the longest relationship I've had) and told me that she's lost weight and looking good. I replied; "I see mom". I don't know if she'll ever understand that I am not attracted to her even if she weighs 150lbs lighter. Then she claims that I am "heartbroken" or lonely because of my recent breakup, adhering to me getting a membership at the YMCA. I told her I did that to keep busy and stay in shape.

Maybe leaving Michigan can be liberating.

Knight seems just right around the corner in my dreams...