Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm

nerdygirl wrote:
I have stayed far, far away from illicit drugs because I was and still am convinced that if I took them I'd go over the deep end and belong in a mental hospital. Pretty sure that I would gladly "walk off the edge" into psychosis with the aid of drugs and possibly never return.
That's something you have to make up your own mind about. But with that mindset it's probably best if you don't take them, since the effect might be dependent on the mindset. I had heard about psychosis but wasn't very worried despite having schizos in my family. I was in a deep hole and took the drug seeking spiritual guidance. The result seems to have been psychosis but I think that's a good thing. Now I look at people and even the disordered ones seem one-dimensional. I think drugs can be like sex might be. Not that have much experience of that, but I assume sex can be a spiritual and holy thing, and it can also be perverted. Same thing with some herbs. (not saying it feels like sex, just that it can be spiritual or perverted)

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 4:38 pm

tomato wrote:
nerdygirl wrote:
I have stayed far, far away from illicit drugs because I was and still am convinced that if I took them I'd go over the deep end and belong in a mental hospital. Pretty sure that I would gladly "walk off the edge" into psychosis with the aid of drugs and possibly never return.
That's something you have to make up your own mind about. But with that mindset it's probably best if you don't take them, since the effect might be dependent on the mindset. I had heard about psychosis but wasn't very worried despite having schizos in my family. I was in a deep hole and took the drug seeking spiritual guidance. The result seems to have been psychosis but I think that's a good thing. Now I look at people and even the disordered ones seem one-dimensional. I think drugs can be like sex might be. Not that have much experience of that, but I assume sex can be a spiritual and holy thing, and it can also be perverted. Same thing with some herbs. (not saying it feels like sex, just that it can be spiritual or perverted)

I am sure that not all would be in danger of this. In this situation I am speaking in a way of "knowing myself." Part of this is based on the fact that I am very sensitive to hormones and prescription drugs. Sometimes I have an opposite reaction to something than I should. I, personally, can't take the chance of messing around with the stuff. Whether someone else does is their own decision.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 5:03 pm

nerdygirl wrote:
tomato wrote:
nerdygirl wrote:

I am sure that not all would be in danger of this. In this situation I am speaking in a way of "knowing myself." Part of this is based on the fact that I am very sensitive to hormones and prescription drugs. Sometimes I have an opposite reaction to something than I should. I, personally, can't take the chance of messing around with the stuff. Whether someone else does is their own decision.
Yes, as I said, your decision. But I mean that I think that your view on psychosis is very colored by the fact that you are not psychotic. For me now the times people view me as normal and sane is when I begin to worry.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 5:44 pm

tomato wrote:
nerdygirl wrote:
tomato wrote:
nerdygirl wrote:

Yes, as I said, your decision. But I mean that I think that your view on psychosis is very colored by the fact that you are not psychotic. For me now the times people view me as normal and sane is when I begin to worry.

Well, I am not sure what you mean and I don't know how to explain what I mean, so I will take your word for it.