Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 12:13 pm

I am saddened and troubled one of the Japanese hostages ISIL or ISIS, whatever, are holding was recently executed. Japanese are great and truly some of the nicest people in the world. It's heartbreaking these sick people would do this. It takes a real sicko to be that heartless imo.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 3:04 pm

In ancient Japan, decapitation was a very common type of execution too.

But yeah, modern Japanese are often classy and polite.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 3:31 pm

The Japanese decapitated lots of people during WW2. Good thing they quit doing that.
And it's outrageous that ISIS is beheading their citizens, what have these people ever done to them?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 4:10 pm

I hope Japan gets their vengeance against ISIS. ISIS needs to be crushed.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 4:39 pm

I agree with the sentiment of the OP (that this is a new low in barbarity), but I cringe at the way she expressed it.

A) The fact that Japanese may be "nice" as an ethnic group is irrelevant. It doesnt make the crime any more heinous than it already is. It fact it verges on racism the way that she implies that their nationality is relevant to morality of it.

B) Though Japanese probably are outstandingly polite and courteous as a culture- they did gang up with Hitler to try to conquer the world. And did do alot of decapitating themselves. Thats in the past now. The point being that the Japanese, on balance, are only as human as everyone else.

C) The fact that Japan never did anything to muslim Arabs does make the crime seem just a little bit more insane. But Japan did pledge monetary aid to the other side in Syria. And ISIS is doing this in a calculated bid to break up the alliance against them by punishing member nations of the alliance like Japan (which gives non military aid). And to ISIS all infidels are enemies anyway.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 5:12 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I agree with the sentiment of the OP (that this is a new low in barbarity), but I cringe at the way she expressed it.

A) The fact that Japanese may be "nice" as an ethnic group is irrelevant. It doesnt make the crime any more heinous than it already is. It fact it verges on racism the way that she implies that their nationality is relevant to morality of it.

B) Though Japanese probably are outstandingly polite and courteous as a culture- they did gang up with Hitler to try to conquer the world. And did do alot of decapitating themselves. Thats in the past now. The point being that the Japanese, on balance, are only as human as everyone else.

C) The fact that Japan never did anything to muslim Arabs does make the crime seem just a little bit more insane. But Japan did pledge monetary aid to the other side in Syria. And ISIS is doing this in a calculated bid to break up the alliance against them by punishing member nations of the alliance like Japan (which gives non military aid). And to ISIS all infidels are enemies anyway.

Hey you! I have met plenty of sweet hearted Japanese and I just wanted to express my disgust. I take it personally!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 5:34 pm

Fair enough.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2015, 8:41 pm

Japanese are so nice ask the Chinese and Koreans about it and i am sure they will totally agree with you.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 9:56 pm

At one time nobody in the entire world was nice except for maybe the Swiss. I like nice people though. They are easier to like than mean ones.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 1:08 am

Orangez wrote:
Japanese are so nice ask the Chinese and Koreans about it and i am sure they will totally agree with you.

I thought they all hated one another.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 12:25 pm

2 Lebanese soldiers been beheaded by ISIS and 1 shot by Al Nusra and there's around 29 soldiers/servicemen been captives by them - recently threaten to kill 7 in one go, their parents still protesting in street tents since last august http://en.cihan.com.tr/video/Families-o ... 8wLy8xMDA0

- yet they're so completely unheard of in the western televised media.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 12:36 pm

Oh I forgot, apparently we're not of the nicest people.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 12:39 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Oh I forgot, apparently we're not of the nicest people.

From what I have seen of Middle Easterners over here, besides the few bad apples involved in the extremist groups, they are really nice. I never hear about them causing anyone any trouble.

The coverage is lop sided.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 12:44 pm

I'd respect them more if they would only LEAVE THE WHALES ALONE.

That's like someone killing elephants to eat their trunks (or whatever), while everyone else in the world is working toward saving them as a species.

As nice as they are the Japanese have some cruel twists, none of which is responsible for the latest atrocities.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:05 pm

To US our overseas neighbor out west can be crazy but to them WE are crazy.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:09 pm

I think Japan should be given their right to declare war again and attack ISIS! Suicide bombers? Well Japanese would have Kamakaze fighters heh.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList