Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 12:58 pm

It concerns me, kids are thinking about and joining Jihad. I would say to them all DON'T DO IT!! Do not throw your lives away! Just stay where you are an work on your life like all kids must do around the world. Joining a dangerous movement is not the answer to typical problems we all experience growing up.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 1:39 pm

Can you provide more detail....what kids where are thinking of joining it? I have heard of some apparent rise of people wanting to join such groups from a couple other sources but just not much detail. So curious what specific kids, and why this is appealing..are they desperate? unhappy/frustrated thinking violence will change anything? I guess the more confusing part to is isent that like a specific islamist terrorist group?....just can't picture a lot of kids wanting to convert to islam to join Jihad groups, or is this kids raised in that religion as well as by extremists within it?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 1:45 pm

There's a big trial right now with a girl who wanted to be a teen Jihadi bride but not she regrets it and wants to be her old self, before her indoctrination. Who knows how many more are like her? I would urge them all to find other ways, don't go down that path because it's destructive. It's better to communicate with others. If you don't like something, get involved in talking about it. Become an advocate for yourself. Be confident, persistent, friendly and work to change what you don't like about life, whatever that is, in constructive ways that will help.
It's about learning to cope and becoming successful.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 1:54 pm

People getting sucked into such extreme things like that, might need a little more guidance than 'learn to cope and become successful' perhaps its difficulties accomplishing that, which partially leads people to consider such extreme measures. Admittedly I pictured more males being at risk for getting involved....not entirely sure what all being a Jihadi bride would entail but probably nothing good.

If she regrets it though does this mean she then is not going to follow through with it now?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2015, 2:10 pm

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2015, 10:14 pm

You know there's a dude in Minnesota that's doing this a lot better.

http://www.averagemohamed.com/