Afraid of being alone forever?

Page 8 of 18 [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next

karley39
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 2:34 pm

hello googygooobers, I see that a lot of people here have been given you greats advices, I think that before seeking for someone you have to love yourself, the desire to be with someone can lead you to someone that will take advantage of all that love , please take care. I speak from experience, I had 6 boyfriends, I left the relationships with wounds to the soul, now I am so afraid to give another opportunity to love, I always been alone and I thought to find someone to fit in somewhere, great mistake, but it true than now I am more strong, sure of myself and happy than I've ever been, because despite being all alone, I have no friends or skills to make them and I do not feel really attached to my family, but, do you know what? it is not terrible, here there are a lot of people who understand you and don't judge you, it is much more than what I had at your age, please don't be depressed, I learned that even though things are not perfect, you can always find things in this life worthwhile, like you.
"no hay camino se hace camino al andar"

ominous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 3:37 pm

Retro feel free to pm me and I can help you by compiling a list of places to ring for assistance for her in Adelaide.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 4:09 pm

You're stay way too long to conclude that.

As for me, yes, and it's understandable for my age I guess.

One advice I can give you, college/university is a good opportunity and place to meet like-minded, half of my colleagues there got married with people they met there.

After graduation, things become harder and chances to meet that amount of people is much slimmer.

And if they never ask you, start to get used to ask them out.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 7:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
One advice I can give you, college/university is a good opportunity and place to meet like-minded, half of my colleagues there got married with people they met there.

After graduation, things become harder and chances to meet that amount of people is much slimmer.
Damn, I should've known it was a bad idea to drop out. Actually there was this one girl I liked. We got on really well. Some guy made a pass at her and she said she didn't want a boyfriend. I took her at her word and didn't ask her out.

If I had stuck with my studies I could've gotten to know her better more gradually.

I have to say night school is a much colder, more anonymous experience. No one goes there to socialize. You don't make friends at night school like you do in college. I really missed the boat on that one.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 7:40 pm

You missed one boat---there are many other ships at sea!

TheCoolStoryBro
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2015, 2:01 pm

@ goofygoobers

Well, I'm not sure how to say this the right way.

Based on everything you've written in this topic, and from your pictures....

Um... my heart is pounding like crazy.

I don't want to offend anyone.

11/10

Is there some way I could befriend you on here and talk with you?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 4:38 pm

where's her pictures?

TheCoolStoryBro
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2015, 7:34 pm

goofygoobers wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
It's all over the internet.

I can't ever find anything to help me. I guess I'm stupid. :( That's why I asked....

@ Cafeaulait

What? All over the Internet? No... I've looked for long periods of time, nothing especially useful.
There is some stuff here and there, but it's all very hard to understand, and very hard to remember.
Most body language tutorials seem to be made for people that already have an instinctual understanding of it.
And, as I read about body language, I feel myself getting very nervous that people are misreading me all the time.
As I read it, I can't help but think to myself, how in the world do most people rely on this BS body language system?
It's like they think they can read your frickin' mind almost!
But not mine. And I can't read theirs.
But, they think they can read my mind... not cool, I hate when people are wrong about me.

Maybe there is some way to learn body language, I haven't found it. But I have looked very hard.
And I am not new to using search engines effectively.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 5:15 am

TheCoolStoryBro wrote:
@ goofygoobers

Well, I'm not sure how to say this the right way.

Based on everything you've written in this topic, and from your pictures....

Um... my heart is pounding like crazy.

I don't want to offend anyone.

11/10

Is there some way I could befriend you on here and talk with you?
It's a nice sentiment but before you start serenading goofygoobers perhaps you should make sure you both live on the same city.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 9:41 am

The question is, who isn't afraid of being alone forever? most of the 20 year old forever-aloners will be married or at least been in 1 long term relationship by the time they're 30.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 10:02 am

GoofyGoobers IS pretty!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 4:29 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
The question is, who isn't afraid of being alone forever?
Very true but it's best not to admit it. Everyone has a go at you if you admit it, including the girl you're with.

Everyone says the only way to get a partner is to pretend you love being alone even when you don't.

(if I seem bitter this morning it's because I've had to deal with government bureaucracy :x )

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 4:42 pm

sly279 wrote:
where's her pictures?

I posted the link on the first post of this thread.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 6:44 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
The question is, who isn't afraid of being alone forever? most of the 20 year old forever-aloners will be married or at least been in 1 long term relationship by the time they're 30.

Guess I'm in the minority :(

goofygoobers wrote:
sly279 wrote:
where's her pictures?

I posted the link on the first post of this thread.

or sorry it was small at end. I must of missed it :(

you are quite good looking. the hairstyle is cute too.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

26 Feb 2015, 8:14 pm

Nope. I'm at peace with who I am now. If the woman of my dreams comes along, then great. :D Mission accomplished.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 9:38 am

if im 1000 years old and still single, that will suck. biological immortality sucks sometimes...