Afraid of being alone forever?

Page 17 of 18 [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 4:15 am

I've my own, let's see if it's gonna work and gets me a gf within months :lol:.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 7:43 am

Gauldoth wrote:
Outrider wrote:
@Face of Boo: When did the oP say this? Through PM?

If so thats amazing - a 'forever alone' thread being exactly what helped them find someone.

I think having a vagina probably helped her a great deal more than this thread did. :lol:

No, expanding my horizons did. Plus being with an aspie helps a LOT.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 1:00 pm

slw ignores sly.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2015, 2:05 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
slw ignores sly.

Think he needs a little help.

sly279 wrote:
slw1990 wrote:
Yes, I'm a girl.

So you are! I've just seen your photo on another thread. Tell me, does slw stand for Stunning Looking Woman?

It's hard to find similar interest with women, I find. But I suppose that means women suffer the same problem with men, though I could just be super odd.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 3:05 pm

^^ you're good!

Sly takes notes!

Thanatos86
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2015, 6:59 pm

WTF? You're gorgeous.

I'd be afraid to approach you because of your beauty.

Thanatos86
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2015, 3:07 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Look. It's not as bad as you think. It's really not. Depression has a funny way of twisting things around and making it all seem like it's something it's really not. Trust me. The way you're perceiving this isn't the way it really is.

Do you know how many guys have this very same problem? It's a lot. I personally know at least a dozen, including even myself. There are so many people out there, and you're not the only one going through this experience. I'm not going to say that someone may one day give you the affection you so desire as a way to lessen the pain. I'll say it because I personally know several guys who are just as lonely as you are, and would jump at the opportunity to be with someone, no matter their faults.

You're not going to be alone forever, provided that you don't choose to be alone forever. There are actions you can take to increase your chances of quelling this loneliness, and I'm sure you know what those are. You just have to be open, socially active, and willing to take risks. Easier said than done, I know... but that's just it. That's where the problem lies.

The problem isn't that you're going to be alone forever. The problem is that someone will want to date you, love you, and someday marry you, but you haven't found that person. That's all this is. You just haven't found someone yet. If you want to find someone, you just have to look.

Keep in mind these are the words of a heterosexual male who just happens to be a single, 20 year old university student who would be more than willing to buy a girl lunch if she happened to be interested in me in even the slightest bit.

So everybody should be like you?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 6:06 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^^ you're good!

Sly takes notes!

have been and notes from here said don't flirt or comment on women's looks.

also I hadn't seen her picture.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 2:42 am

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^^ you're good!

Sly takes notes!

have been and notes from here said don't flirt or comment on women's looks.

also I hadn't seen her picture.

slw probably has a boyfriend anyway, if not, she will have one soon after she makes her own 'Afraid Of Being Alone Forever' thread :lol:.