Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SeeingEyeButterfly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jan 2015, 3:47 am

Hey, greetings to all of ya c: The name's Will, if you're wondering, and I reign from the place known as California. I suppose I should get my diagnosis (Or the plural form of that, whatever it is) outta the way. I have a milder form of PDD-NOS, ADD, Mosaic Trisomy 18, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

I decided I'd check this place out to kind of get more of an idea about the non NT community, having made major friendships over the last couple years with people with Aspergers (As well as quite possibly having lost those friendships :/) and my therapist of 2 years said she'd always thought with my desire to socialize more (Anxiety left me in really small, isolated schools since I was 11, so I've been mostly using the internet to socialize until a few years ago when I started college), and that she thinks that since I have PDD-NOS and that I managed to develop these close friendships, that I might actually relate really well with people with Aspergers. I'm not entirely sure, as I don't have all those same symptoms and lost contact with both, which makes me think I'm just too baggaged for most people, but she's also made the point that it's a sample size of 2. Either way, nothing to lose, eh?

Well, sorry for going into my little life story there, but anywho, yeah, hopefully I can learn more about the community, and possibly myself, and hopefully have some fun times and maybe make some friends here. Feel free to ask whatever you like, and I hope I can be good company here! ^^

“If you treat an individual as he is, he will remain how he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 3:58 am

Hey Will welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 7:51 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 10:16 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet from the East Coast! :)

P.S. Like your choice of an avatar. That happens to be my favorite Disney movie of all time.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 11:46 am

You seem like somebody who's had his struggles--but is strong enough to withstand future ones.

You are a survivor; Trisomy 18, from my research, seems usually inconsistent with life--but here you are!! !! !

Welcome to the Forum.

SeeingEyeButterfly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2015, 2:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You seem like somebody who's had his struggles--but is strong enough to withstand future ones.

You are a survivor; Trisomy 18, from my research, seems usually inconsistent with life--but here you are!! ! ! !

Welcome to the Forum.

Well it's present in about 10% of my cells, so I really dodged a bullet, if it wasn't mosaic but regular, full on, I'd pretty much be dead or on my death bed. Apparently it's a 1 in 5 million case to get mosaic trisomy 18. It also tends to be the "Schrodinger's Box" of disorders as I've heard, as so little is known about is as apposed to full trisomy 18. Almost anything atypical could possibly be the result of the disorder, but can't be directly linked. So my biggest /known/ worry from it is having to consult a geneticist before attempting to have children (Which I don't intend to).

And thank you for the compliment, I like to think what I go through is less a curse and more a way for me to empathize and help others who might have to struggle with similar situations.

“If you treat an individual as he is, he will remain how he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

LeLetch
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jan 2015, 4:13 am

Being a Schrodinger's Box entity has upsides.

If that cat both exists, and does not exist, is it not an evolutionary advantage?
How is a mouse to dodge it? It can basically teleport right ontop of it.

Then again, maybe the cat isn't a mouser.

At the least, the catfood bill would be cut in half.

Also, welcome?