Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

gaogier
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jan 2015, 3:57 pm

Hello, I am new here.

A little bit about myself.

When I was a few days old, my mum could tell I was different, I wouldn't cry but would scream. My mum says she tried to breast feed me but I wouldn't take it. It took me to 4 years old to start to repeat words but 5 when I started to talk properly. I was sent to a speech therapist and was told that I couldn't control my tongue in the right manner to talk so I had to blow balloons to learn how to control it.

Fast forward a few years, teachers couldn't teach me, I "Honorary Grandpa" was in WW2, and knew what happened by first hand (he was a captain of a ship that sent troops to the beaches on D-Day), and he said how things happened, but in school they was teaching it differently and I kept telling the teachers they were wrong and wouldn't have it another way, to a point that the teacher threw me across the room and pulled my by my ear back up. The school head teacher said that I was unteachable and I was put in the back of the classrooms for the rest of the school years 3 years later.

In the new senior school (UK), I was 12 the school thought that I needed help and was put in the lowest class with a Learning support assistant with my at all times, I began to learn, but in the next year I didn't have a LSA, and again began to argue with the teachers, this is when I was sent to a child Psychologist who done some tests with me and said I had Aspergers Syndrome. The school was told this and began to make changes, I managed to do very well in school and went on to collage (aged 16). At the age of 18 all support stopped and I found no help until I was 23.

I was told, to get help I would need to be re-diagnosed due to the fact I was a child, they confirmed that I had autism but said it was High functioning after going though my history with my mum, however no support came from this. I my Doctor sent me to another Autism group who re-diagnosed my again and confirmed again that I had autism but didn't say weather it was high functioning or Aspergers. Since then I have had a few support meetings.

On the side note of the autism I have joint hyper mobility from hips down, I have had a lots of surgeries to fix this, but due to dyspraxia and autism I keep ripping and tearing the ligaments in my ankles, due to this, my consultant said that I stand with my feet pointing out at 10 and 2 to stabilise my balance. I have had at least 5 major surgery on my ankles alone.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 6:02 pm

Hey gaogier welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 4:16 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 4:23 pm

hi. welcome. what sorts of things do you like to do?