My Tinder Regional Experiment - 6 countries, 6 days.

Page 1 of 11 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 5:50 am

I've always wondered if the perception of attractiveness differs greatly by ethnicity/region.

I am of what's modernly called Levantine Arab (technically West Asian) ethnicity, so I have used a location faker app to make tinder scans a different location every time. After picking an area, I swiped right (approved) the first 100 profiles coming for each country for every 24hrs and counted the matches of the opposite sex the next morning, I made sure that my profile doesn't show any location info.

Beirut, Lebanon: 7 matches, of which 3 are Filipino. Activity is generally low as most users showed "Active last week/3days...etc"

Manila, Philippines: 29 matches (after excluding 9 transgenders), activity fairly high - 11 of them initiated a chat.

Houston, US: 14 matches, only 1 White ethnicity, all others were either of african or latina ethnicity. I picked this area due to its demographic diversity. Activity seems average/ None initiated a chat.

Central Moscow, Russia: 13 Matches, of which 7 are of Asian-looking ethnicity, probably Mongol descendants. Activity seems half-half (either weeks inactive or active)/ None initiated a chat.

Rabat, Morocco: 34 matches and still rising!! of which 23 initiated a chat! That kinda validates the local stereotype of Moroccan girls being forward, it is actually very common for girls to flirt and ask out guys there. Often are accused (by other middle eastern women) that they yearn for foreigners but they have recognized me as a Moroccan anyway (Moroccans and Levantines look alike)- none of them thought I was actually from elsewhere since I've used only french (their 2nd native language) in communication.

Izmir, Turkey: 0 matches...ouch! activity average. Total failure. (I met a lot of turks before and they always easily recognize me as Arab by sight).

GreatAlli
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2015, 6:12 am

Don't have anything useful to say, but thanks for sharing. Interesting.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 9:46 am

Currently I switched to Cape Town, South Africa; I swiped few profiles for a 10 minutes - so far got 4 matches, 3 black african, 1 white, despite that the vast majority of users are obviously white tho.

We'll see the final results on next morning.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 5:47 pm

Do Australia do Australia!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 7:28 am

South africa 14 matchs on the morning - 7 whites 7 black (out of 100 like all others)

yellowtamarin wrote:

next destination Melbourn :lol:

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 8:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
South africa 14 matchs on the morning - 7 whites 7 black (out of 100 like all others)

You did South Africa? Which cities were they from? Maybe if I tried Tinder, I could find some matches.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 3:51 pm

Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You did South Africa? Which cities were they from? Maybe if I tried Tinder, I could find some matches.

I picked a random area in Cape Town.

I am still getting matches from Morocco.

Conclusion: I should go to Morocco. :lol:

most of them aren't veiled btw despite how they're often portrayed in movies, and most aren't that religious either (which is good for me).

And while I can't understand their Arabic dialect and they'r e often not strong in English, they all speak french fluently. And yes, they're good looking too.

AND IT'S SO NOTICEABLE HOW THEY INITIATE! As if they are from a an alien civilization (none of the other countries I've tested had girls who are willing to initiate that much).

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 27 Jan 2015, 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 3:54 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

yellowtamarin wrote:

Melbourn is total failure for me so far, all what I got were sex bots.

And the real users seemed not active for days and weeks.

Echolalia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jan 2015, 4:23 pm

Melbourne's the wrong city, try Sydney. Different culture.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 3:35 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

yellowtamarin wrote:

Melbourn is total failure for me so far, all what I got were sex bots.

Maybe cos you spelled it wrong? (I've never used the app, don't know how it works.)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 3:35 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

yellowtamarin wrote:

Melbourne is total failure for me so far, all what I got were sex bots.

Maybe cos you spelled it wrong? (I've never used the app, don't know how it works.)

Nope, I didn't write it anywhere there.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 3:42 pm

Echolalia wrote:
Melbourne's the wrong city, try Sydney. Different culture.

Same, filled with sex bots.
Tinder in Australia is full of crap :lol:.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 4:03 pm

You could try to aim for cities with a skewed gender ratio among young people. Since some universities offer studies that are chosen more by women than by men, there are more young women in those cities than young men. Two come to mind in the Netherlands: Utrecht and Nijmegen. 9% of Utrecht is Moroccan, but I don't think most Dutch Moroccans speak French, more likely they speak English.

Raini
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2015, 9:01 pm

Do Japan!! ! Anywhere in Japan, pleeeaaase, pretty please?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 6:03 am

My final conclusion of this:
European whites are the least likely to find me attractive, on a disastrous level (like maybe barely 1%) out of all White-dominated countries, there had been only a handful of white european matches (and yes trollcat, including netherland). Even the supposedly white matches look brunettes, I only got two blonde match and both from South Africa.

Asians, Arabs, Africans are waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more likely to find me attractive (estimated by like 30 to 40%).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 7:30 am

^The white-dominated areas I tried so far are (100 swipes for every area): Moscow (Russia), Kiev (Ukrain), Berlin (Germany), Nijmegen(Holland), Houston (US) - Izmir(Turkey), Melbourne and Sydney (Australia): I only got less than 10 White matches out of all those countries - the rest were of the non-white minorities. ie. 13 black african/mixed in houston, Asians in Aus.

The Asian-dominated areas: Manila (Philippines), Bali (IN), Tokyo (JP) - I got out of all these 3 countries 70+ total, Japan bit less than the other two, matches, not counting transgenders and spambots, ALL matches were Asians, none of the matches there was white despite that had been a lot of tourists.

I only tried two Arab areas, both in Morocco: Casablanca and Rabat; got 50+ of those alone. All Arabs.