Page 40 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 105  Next

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2015, 2:54 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
[youtube]https://www.youtue.com/watch?v=rpK3NTygnNw[/youtube]

I have surrendered to no one. I accept evidence and change my understanding of nature in relation to the evidence. You on the other hand are almost totally ignorant in relation to our natural world and the sciences which have brought us this knowledge. Despite your ignorance you dismiss science as if you understand it, worse you lie to others about things you simply have no knowledge of. i find this position despicable.

That woman was waiting for a standing ovation.

ROFL

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:16 am

sophisticated wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
Ah so science that is accepted as such by the scientifically minded is somehow lessened by its popular acceptance. Or in other words anything which exposes as nonsense the teachings of ancient texts cannot be correct and is therefore flawed.

It seems to me that you've surrendered to "scientists".
Nah!, 'Fisticated! These bods don't acknowledge any science... at least not the empirical kind. They have redefined science to mean anything that agrees with their superstitious prejudices.

Arty, you're at it again! The "scientifically minded" are, by your definition, those who worship your ideology. No scientific method allowed!

elliot87
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:34 am

Go to your churches if that's how you feel but dont expect me to follow for god isn't real!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 4:37 am

sophisticated wrote:

That woman was waiting for a standing ovation.

ROFL

As an interesting aside to our debate I wondered about her facial expressions after her statement. I don't see her waiting for adulation as you do, rather I see nervousness. My partner is the opposite of me IE very empathetic and able to read faces very well. I will check her understanding later.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 5:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's tragic that one who played the Paradigm of Logic smoked. That's was why he passed away.

I don't know when he started smoking, but considering his age it might very well have been before there was awareness that smoking was unhealthy.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 6:14 am

Not even a smidgin of acknowledgement of any scientific method.

I suspect that if anyone was liable to be hoodwinked with media hype they wouldn't need more of it here... the superstition is mercilessly flogged in every anti-reason medium possible.

Look, you clever-dicks, a mindless parroting of nonsense freely available to degenerate dunces is no evidence of any kind of fact.

Here's another of your irrational fellows who is at least decent enough to acknowledge that his beloved ideology has nothing to do with science.
http://archive.lewrockwell.com/reed/reed208.html

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 8:01 am

Have you been to the Outback much, David? I wonder if trekking there wouldn't clear your head. Then cone back to PPR all wide eyed and bushy-tailed, ready for Socratic debate.

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2015, 8:30 am

Oldavid wrote:

I suspect that if anyone was liable to be hoodwinked with media hype they wouldn't need more of it here... the superstition is mercilessly flogged in every anti-reason medium possible.

Look, you clever-dicks, a mindless parroting of nonsense freely available to degenerate dunces is no evidence of any kind of fact.

Here's another of your irrational fellows who is at least decent enough to acknowledge that his beloved ideology has nothing to do with science.

David no one has acknowledged anything, there is no need to get into a hissy fit about it.

It's about the here and now and that is a challenge in itself

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 9:59 am

Oldavid wrote:

Oldavid, are you aware that GOD is both Scientist

and Artist or do you 'SEE' GOD..

as a robotic moving nerd alone.

Just wondering....

God is more like Steve Jobs than Bill Gates.

God is more like a Geek than a nerd..

or perhaps Vincent Van Gogh, once you peel away all the human filters and illusions.....

And ALLONE2.

AND FINALLY, OLDAVID are you aware that this particular part of the
site is FOR Politics, Philosophy, and Religion...

There is no S in PPR......;)

But of course, I for one, Love all opinions; rigid, artistic, scientific or what folks around here
love (hate) to assess and armchair term, with narrow minds and views, as psychotic or insane, narcissistic OR WHATEVER..

WHO don't have an Artistic
(CREATIVITY/IMAGINATION)
GOD bone in their mind or
body balanced as such......

I HAVE HOPE though THAT
'they' will 'GROW' one of 'THOSE' GOD bones too...

AS I for one live real life GOD BONE miracles everyday.......

AND THAT'S...

SUPER KOOL....

My GOD bones continue to grow and grow and grow.. to an Infinity
of 'Quantum' Mind and body balance UNLEASHED....

YES..

THAT'S LITERALLY SUPER COOL....;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:23 pm

When you die you'll get a big wet kiss from the One Thing.

Not sure whether my panentheism is out of place in this topic but it felt worth mentioning. :)

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 10:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Have you been to the Outback much, David? I wonder if trekking there wouldn't clear your head. Then cone back to PPR all wide eyed and bushy-tailed, ready for Socratic debate.
I just came back from outback a couple of days ago.

I guess the above would suggest that a gallon of home brew does not significantly improve my tact, diplomacy, political correctness or patience.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 10:53 pm

Three out of the four would be great! Political Correctness: mostly bs.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 12:10 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
When you die you'll get a big wet kiss from the One Thing.

Not sure whether my panentheism is out of place in this topic but it felt worth mentioning. :)

Yes, truly, panentheism probably describes my outlook more fully than pantheism.. as reality is much much stranger than fiction.. per the usual quote from Mark Twain that it 'ain't gotta make sense...:)

i think i'm already getting that wet kiss too.. in usual and unusual ecstasy ways beyond any substance produced experience i can imagine generated NOW by 'FREE VERSE DANCE'.. SO FAR beyond what words can do alone..ALLONE..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Primenumber
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Mar 2015, 12:23 am

I think that religion is a outcome of evolution of the human tribes. Almost everyone has necessity of it, but there are some that don't need it. I don't need it, but I understand that many people need it (and I don't know why the f**k is that, but well, the world is how it is and not in any other way).

I didn't read the entire post, so this coment will be a little out of ehm... "Fuera de lugar" I mean, but this topic is both interesting and the typical coments are frustrating and go to nowhere. I simply say "Well, I think there is no god/spirits/flying spagheti monster/Grob Gob Glob Grod, there are good reasons for people that believe in it, but I don't know what they are and I am not interested because I am not a biologist"

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 1:26 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Three out of the four would be great! Political Correctness: mostly bs.
I think all four are ingredients in a recipe to get locked in a political merry-go-round of spurious and irrelevant nonsense.

Somewhere back someone said that there is no "s" in PPR. I can only suspect that the "s" is for science.

I will contend that philosophy is not just science but that she is the mother and queen of all natural sciences.

That much of what is sold as "philosophy" these days is nothing but the day dreams of egomaniacs who think they can create reality by just imagining it to their narcissistic convenience does not alter the fact that it is the investigation of reality using a scientific instrument known as logic.