Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

darkphantomx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jan 2015, 11:38 pm

Have you ever woken up and seen things that are not there? For instance, ghosts, bugs, or other weird things? Well it turns out these things are called Hypnagogic hallucinations. There is where you wake up and you see things that arne't normally there for a brief period of time. I have had a couple of these in my lifetime.

The first time, I must have been 9 to 11. I was at my Grandma's house and I was thinking or dreaming about hot girls. (That's what guys do) Anyways I woke up and saw this female ghost must have been like in her mid to late 20s or 30s and she was looking at me like she was angry or dissapointed like she knew what I was thinking about. She dissapeared like 2-3 seconds later.

The second time, it was back in April or May of 2012. I was sleeping and woke up and saw a ghost at my door who looked like a kid from my rec soccer team. I remember jumping up and screaming and running for the door but he dissapeared once I got there.

The third time which happened in late September of 2014, I was sleeping and woke up and I saw this old lady ghost who was kneeling down and was literally only inches from my face and staring directly at me. I jumped up and screamed and ran for the door and saw her evaporate into nothing. It was scary as hell. I remember I was afraid to go to sleep for a month or two because I was afraid of seeing ghosts when I woke up. This is the only one where I can't recall what the old lady actually looked like.

I don't know about you but when I wake up and see ghosts, i'm going to be freaked out regardless of who it is.

Linet123456

27 Jan 2015, 5:59 am

I have experienced this a few times. I had no idea it was called hypnagogic hallucination.
The most recent one that I had:
I woke up and noticed that my closet door was moving. I panicked for a moment and decided to look away and then look back at my closet door hoping the movement of the door would be gone. Well, the door movement didn't go away and I was so scared! I thought someone was hiding in my closet. This was probably the scariest hypnagogic hallucination I have experienced because it lasted so long. I would say about 10-15 seconds.

LOL :lol: yes, it is hard to fall asleep for weeks after having one of these experiences. It's so freaking scary.