Asperger's dating statistics

Page 5 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm

Do any companies sell mail order husbands, or should I swing by the shelter and pick up a couple more cats on my way home?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 6:56 pm

Go for the cats.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 7:34 pm

Halfmadgenius wrote:
Do any companies sell mail order husbands, or should I swing by the shelter and pick up a couple more cats on my way home?

Idk what you offering ? how big is the crate? I'd like roomy crate and pre set up contract.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 6:38 pm

I will admit, I'm very jealous, envious of people that got to experience young love, like teens and 20's, especially early 20's, dating and relationships in your teens and early 20's

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 6:47 pm

There's good and bad in young love. You learn from both.

My philosophy: if you haven't experienced young love, what's the point of regretting that? You've learned lots of life in your 20's without being in love. Now, you could use that experience to obtain love at an older age.

Sometimes, to tell you the truth, I wish I could be a virgin again, so I could "start over."

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 6:51 pm

And me being 27, I want to make sure I don't reach a certain age without having experienced dating and being in a relationship with a young woman in her 20's, especially early 20's woman, I don't consider this shallow since they say it is natural for men to be attracted to young youthful women, because mother nature hardwired us men to seek out women that had the best potential to have kids, even if getting them pregnant is the last thing we want to do

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 7:19 pm

My father would agree with you. He married somebody 25 years younger than him 28 years ago. They're still married.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 7:11 am

Wait, did I resurrect this thread by linking to it?

WantToHaveALife wrote:
I will admit, I'm very jealous, envious of people that got to experience young love, like teens and 20's, especially early 20's, dating and relationships in your teens and early 20's
Yeah, I watch the young lovers on the train every afternoon with seething envy and I think that I will never be as young as they are now. That ship has sailed, there's no way I can ever experience young love

Unless... I date another 19 year old. If I could see the world through her eyes, I could know what it is to be young again.
WantToHaveALife wrote:
And me being 27, I want to make sure I don't reach a certain age without having experienced dating and being in a relationship with a young woman in her 20's, especially early 20's woman, I don't consider this shallow since they say it is natural for men to be attracted to young youthful women, because mother nature hardwired us men to seek out women that had the best potential to have kids, even if getting them pregnant is the last thing we want to do
I've noticed that a lot of women like being with men who are more or less older than them so we may be in luck.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
Yeah, I watch the young lovers on the train every afternoon with seething envy and I think that I will never be as young as they are now. That ship has sailed, there's no way I can ever experience young love

Unless... I date another 19 year old. If I could see the world through her eyes, I could know what it is to be young again.
WantToHaveALife wrote:
I've noticed that a lot of women like being with men who are more or less older than them so we may be in luck.
people use stubborn arguments that the reason why the man has to do the asking out, be the initiator, is because that is how it is in almost all animal species, primarily mammals, but I was reading on eHow, although not sure if it is hundred percent accurate, maybe it was edited, not sure, but it says that sometimes a Female Giraffe will approach a Male first.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 4:28 pm

Yeah, I know. I've been on some dates where the woman asked in a direct way and I've missed out on some dates where the woman asked in an indirect way and I didn't notice. You have to remember that for NT women, they could flirt with you without saying a word and in their mind, they asked you a clearly defined question.

If you don't respond, they don't think you didn't notice, they think you intentionally said no. Stuff like this can not only apply when getting a date but also during a date. If you don't follow the right nonverbal cues during a date, you won't be getting a second date. That's why my first few dates were one offs.

For all we know, you and I could have been flirted at by a dozen potential girlfriends, a dozen girls who liked us and we never noticed it. We never knew what we lost. The only reason I know about it is because just a few times I figured I'd been flirted at after the fact, too late by that time.

Or sometimes I thought I was being flirted at but I was only 50% sure. Didn't want to take a risk but should have. Or sometimes I was 100% sure but couldn't work out how to flirt back. You get the picture. The only way to slog through it is through a long and gradual process of trail and error.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 9:23 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Yeah, I know. I've been on some dates where the woman asked in a direct way and I've missed out on some dates where the woman asked in an indirect way and I didn't notice. You have to remember that for NT women, they could flirt with you without saying a word and in their mind, they asked you a clearly defined question.

If you don't respond, they don't think you didn't notice, they think you intentionally said no. Stuff like this can not only apply when getting a date but also during a date. If you don't follow the right nonverbal cues during a date, you won't be getting a second date. That's why my first few dates were one offs.

For all we know, you and I could have been flirted at by a dozen potential girlfriends, a dozen girls who liked us and we never noticed it. We never knew what we lost. The only reason I know about it is because just a few times I figured I'd been flirted at after the fact, too late by that time.

Or sometimes I thought I was being flirted at but I was only 50% sure. Didn't want to take a risk but should have. Or sometimes I was 100% sure but couldn't work out how to flirt back. You get the picture. The only way to slog through it is through a long and gradual process of trail and error.

and I don't get why a guy, a man as in human male, is supposed to embrace or enjoy being self-sufficient, self-reliant.

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:

Keep doing what you're doing WantToGetALife -- clearly, the approach you've adopted that has resulted in you being a 27 yo virgin who has never had a date, let alone a girlfriend, is working great!!

The pretty, young women you are hard-wired to seek out to try to reproduce with, well, thankfully, Mother Nature hard wired THEM to avoid guys like you! So symmetrical!!

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 7:26 pm

Well not going out enough and not approaching enough has also kept me single this long as well, I doubt it is solely my socio-economic background

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 10:38 pm

Diningroom wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

Keep doing what you're doing WantToGetALife -- clearly, the approach you've adopted that has resulted in you being a 27 yo virgin who has never had a date, let alone a girlfriend, is working great!!

The pretty, young women you are hard-wired to seek out to try to reproduce with, well, thankfully, Mother Nature hard wired THEM to avoid guys like you! So symmetrical!!

what the F do you know about his approach??? you're just being an ASS**** and assuming that cause we'll single at 27 that something must be wrong with us. thats a super dick assumption to make and just proves the point that women think like that and making guys who go and date and use women to get experience validated. congrats.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 12:20 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

WantToHaveALife wrote:

Ya I will admit, ever since I turned 25, it has at times made unmotivated to take action to fix my issues with women, like it has made me feel that if I ever do start having the dating life/sex life I had always wanted, I finally do get a girlfriend, and I'm out there in public holding hands with her, or traveling with her, doing some activity with her, and I then see couples out there younger than me, it will be a painful reminder of what I missed out on earlier, my lost youth

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 1:33 pm

Yeah, sometimes I feel like that too. I keep seeing these young couples. Even when I had a girlfriend it bugged me. It bugged me even more at the time. Part of it was not now old the girl was but how old the guy was. I thought "he's younger than I am".

As for the girl, even disregarding age, some girls I saw were prettier than the one I was with. Even disregarding age, there must be millions of guys who are with average looking girls and they have to just accept that some other guy might be with a hotter girl. If the average man can deal with the average woman then so can we. We must accept being with an ordinary girl just like the other 99% of the male population.