Asperger's dating statistics

Page 10 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 4:58 pm

darkphantomx wrote:
It is probably correct that the average age of first girlfriend is at a higher age for people with Aspergers. 3/4ths of people with Aspergers were not in a relationship in high school. That is probably not too far off. I would guess around 75-85% were not in relationships up to this point.

A higher percentage of people with Aspergers are in their mid 20s and have never had a girlfriend compared to the neurotypical population. Probably correct as well. We're also probably more likely to have never kissed a girl, be a virgin, or gone on a date. Pretty harsh. I don't know the exact statistics but yes its probably higher than a neurotypical.

But you're not a statistic. You can break out of the norm and have five girlfriends by the time you're 17. Now that would be quite a feat for someone with Aspergers. :P
i kissed a girl three times. Another one once. So your stats are way off.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 2:15 pm

autismthinker21 wrote:
darkphantomx wrote:
It is probably correct that the average age of first girlfriend is at a higher age for people with Aspergers. 3/4ths of people with Aspergers were not in a relationship in high school. That is probably not too far off. I would guess around 75-85% were not in relationships up to this point.

A higher percentage of people with Aspergers are in their mid 20s and have never had a girlfriend compared to the neurotypical population. Probably correct as well. We're also probably more likely to have never kissed a girl, be a virgin, or gone on a date. Pretty harsh. I don't know the exact statistics but yes its probably higher than a neurotypical.

But you're not a statistic. You can break out of the norm and have five girlfriends by the time you're 17. Now that would be quite a feat for someone with Aspergers. :P
whenever you hear of a person who is still a virgin, never had a relationship at 25+ years of age, its almost always guys you hear of instead of girls

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2015, 2:17 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
autismthinker21 wrote:
darkphantomx wrote:

whenever you hear of a person who is still a virgin, never had a relationship at 25+ years of age, its almost always guys you hear of instead of girls

That's because the only girls who remain virgins until they're 25+ are the ones who actively CHOOSE to. :roll:

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 9:32 pm

Gauldoth wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
autismthinker21 wrote:
darkphantomx wrote:

That's because the only girls who remain virgins until they're 25+ are the ones who actively CHOOSE to. :roll:

ya, since women are typically on the receiving end.