Does having a Ferrari attract women?

Page 3 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 2:07 pm

I don't think Supercars necessarily attract women, dogs are a much better conversation starter. I think certain cars are aesthetically pleasing, and I like to drive, but with blokes there is always the compensation query, 'why do they need such a flash car?' Why not just have a nice car?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 5:41 pm

I wouldn't mind being called a "bloke" by a UK or Irish woman. It means I'm thought of as a masculine man.

I don't know why the word hasn't made it "across the pond," like the Australian term "no worries."

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 9:54 pm

cathylynn wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
There are 3 kinds of people men and women alike, there car people like myself, truck people and motorcycle people.

i'm none of the above. i have a car only because i need it for my job.

I like vintage Vespas, so there's more than three types of people.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 10:21 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
There are 3 kinds of people men and women alike, there car people like myself, truck people and motorcycle people.

I used to have one of those kinds of things when I was 19. It was a couple years old and red. I was working at the strip club then and drove it about 20 miles one way to work every day. Nowdays that seems insane of me but I took that thing on the freeway. I'm terrified now thinking about the fact that I did it lol. It was kind of cook because it was small, I could even pick it up, I could bring it in the house if I wanted and put it in my room but I usually put it in the garage or on the front porch. And it would take me wherever I wanted to go. I never thought about getting hit by other cars, and that's the main thing I think of now when I think about riding it.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

LeLetch
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jan 2015, 12:24 am

*skims previous posts*

Women?

Um, yeah, about that. Could happen.

More likely?

A bunch of tattooed dudes are going to surround you and beg to have a look at the engine.

They'll be more than happy to go for a ride, although most won't be interested in a relationship.

If the dudes are old enough, they might have an attractive daughter in your age-range, however... *mulls it over*

That'd probably be your best bet. 8O

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 1:02 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Orangez wrote:
Actually trucks like Ford F450 are the most attractive for females.

:lmao:

Only if you live in Buttf*ck Egypt!

Then again, the kind of females you're likely to attract with a Ford F450 are mostly deer. :mrgreen:

When I was in highschool, women loved guys with BIG trucks. I guess they assumed that if a guy had a big truck, he was a "real man". Most of these women were the superficial, uneducated types though. I live in BFE by the way. :D

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 3:39 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
cberg wrote:
American V8s sound & handle like off-balance washing machines. I choose to subtract three or four cylinders for any & all purposes.

You must be into the rice boy cars then. Thats popular now.

I love an old V8. I don't like them stock though. Do the right work to it and it's wonderful.

Me too! In terms of modern cars I like Japanese cars with 4 or 6 cylinders but I've always wanted a 1972 Ford Gran Torino. AFAIC, the golden age of American cars was the early 70s. The '72 Ford Torino has that classic "fishmouth" grill and was designed to be a sporty looking car that was affordable to the common man. I really hate the long, straight look of '60s cars compared to the curvy, sporty look of 70s muscle cars. 8)

The thing about those rice boy cars is that they are agile, accelerate rapidly, and are incredibly fun to drive.
Importwise I would go for a 1997 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo or a 97 Toyota Supra twin turbo or a 99 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR-4 or a 1995 Mazda Rx-7 Turbo! If skylines were legal in the the states I would get an R34 GTR Skyline with the RB26DeTT! Honda waste of time unless it is an S2000!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 3:52 am

WRX's are pretty much the Mustangs of rally hardware.
As long as were talking Datsuns however I prefer the Hakosuka Skyline. Later models all seem cluttered to me by comparison.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 3:56 am

AspieOtaku wrote:

Forgot about horse people, didn't you?

Also bicycle people?

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2015, 1:29 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

I used to have one of those kinds of things when I was 19. It was a couple years old and red. I was working at the strip club then and drove it about 20 miles one way to work every day. Nowdays that seems insane of me but I took that thing on the freeway. I'm terrified now thinking about the fact that I did it lol. It was kind of cook because it was small, I could even pick it up, I could bring it in the house if I wanted and put it in my room but I usually put it in the garage or on the front porch. And it would take me wherever I wanted to go. I never thought about getting hit by other cars, and that's the main thing I think of now when I think about riding it.

The problem with V8 engines is that they're gas hogs. So you're going to be paying a lot of money for gas if you drive one on a regular basis. You can get the same performance from a modern 4 cylinder engine when you have extra vales and a nitro injection system.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 2:13 pm

eric76 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Also bicycle people?
Ok so there are more kinds yes Bicycle people, horse people moped people and boat people oh yeah plane and train people too!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 2:36 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
eric76 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Also bicycle people?
Ok so there are more kinds yes Bicycle people, horse people moped people and boat people oh yeah plane and train people too!

I didn't think about boat people. About the time I was getting ready to move out of Houston, I considered buying a 37 foot ocean going sailboat and moving on board. The reason I didn't do so was because I was preparing to move hundreds of miles from the ocean.

For years, I was certainly a bicycle person. I used to put about 3,000 to 5,000 miles a year on bicycle. I often rode it to work, to restaurants, to the grocery store (had to watch how much I bought), to the doctor, and even to buy a new car. What I would have really liked would be to live in a city where I could get by year around with only riding a bicycle or walking -- something like Avalon, California.

Growing up, I was a horse person. I lived and breathed horses for years. Any time in the summer when we had a day off from working in the fields or with cattle, three of us would take off on long horseback rides. There were no fields and pastures within at least six miles of the house where we were not allowed to ride.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 4:46 pm

Thread Title wrote:
Does having a Ferrari attract women?

The correct answer is, "Loan me a Ferrari for a year or two and I'll let you know."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 5:10 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Janissy wrote:
This is dependent on breed of dog. Dogs that look scary (Dobermans etc.) won't have that effect on any women except the ones who own that breed themselves. But everybody loves a Labrador.

I like pit-bulls, german shepherds and other large dogs like that to some people I imagine those breeds look 'scary'.....but I fail at initiating interaction even if it was as simple as going up to ask about someones dog and pet it some.

Lol or one of these:
And a more scary looking one lol

How many kilos of meat we would need to feed this breed per day? :lol:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 5:18 pm

I can agree ^ both of the pit bulls I know around here are friendlier than my cat.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 6:22 pm

My dog, Whiskey, is big but he doesn't attract women.

Whiskey is the dumbest dog I've ever encountered. He's a friendly dog that wouldn't hurt anyone, but he is really, really dumb. Every dog I have ever encountered before learned to avoid porcupines after no more than three encounters. Whiskey is up to something between fifteen and twenty painful encounters.

Here he is in the front yard when he was still a pup. He's filled out a fair bit since: