Does having a Ferrari attract women?

Page 1 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 11:40 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
There are 3 kinds of people men and women alike, there car people like myself, truck people and motorcycle people.

i'm none of the above. i have a car only because i need it for my job.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 11:42 pm

cberg wrote:
American V8s sound & handle like off-balance washing machines. I choose to subtract three or four cylinders for any & all purposes.

You must be into the rice boy cars then. Thats popular now.

I love an old V8. I don't like them stock though. Do the right work to it and it's wonderful.

And AspieOtaku, guys were always shocked and angry to lose to a girl. I was about the only girl owning and driving a car like that around there at that time. It was all boys.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 11:51 pm

I like tasteful Japanese stuff (first car was a goofball twin spark Nissan), I believe Civics actually have a lot of potential but I've never owned any more J-tin. Two Saab turbos & now I've got a Haldex AWD Volvo V50 with the six cog. Nearly bought a couple Audis (also 5 cylinder) but Swedish cars use German parts whilst being durable and just as fun.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 12:35 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
cberg wrote:
American V8s sound & handle like off-balance washing machines. I choose to subtract three or four cylinders for any & all purposes.

I love an old V8. I don't like them stock though. Do the right work to it and it's wonderful.

And AspieOtaku, guys were always shocked and angry to lose to a girl. I was about the only girl owning and driving a car like that around there at that time. It was all boys.
I used to own a 1965 Ford Tunderbird!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 12:43 am

Beautiful lead sleds are the exception to my rule. I want the '64 Lincoln Continental from the matrix so I can give it a 7.3 PowerStroke ambulance diesel. :twisted:

@AspieOtaku - Who are you on Jalopnik anyway?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 1:11 am

cberg wrote:
Beautiful lead sleds are the exception to my rule. I want the '64 Lincoln Continental from the matrix so I can give it a 7.3 PowerStroke ambulance diesel. :twisted:

@AspieOtaku - Who are you on Jalopnik anyway?
I wish I was my current ride is a 2000 Crown Victoria P71 which I plan to soup up these boats are great sleepers!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 1:15 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
cberg wrote:

Never lost to a girl yet of course the only girl I raced in my Police interceptor was in a 95 BMW 325i I gave her a wave and a thumbs up for a fun race after smoking her car but if it was a mustang and she beat me I still wouldn't be mad I would just say what a woman! Women can drive stick as well don't let the stereotype get you wrong! its true I myself am a man and suck at stick hehe! Reminds me of this video hehe! Although the mustang isnt really a gender specific car and a lot of men do love the mustang more women than men love the mustang more than men do!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 1:35 am

Another stereotype breaker is most men assume a Maza Miata is a girls car but the fact ie more men drive a Miata than women even though I see the car girly itself it does have a lot of potential I myself wouldn't own one because they are small inside and only have two seats but its true hehe!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 2:16 am

cathylynn wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
There are 3 kinds of people men and women alike, there car people like myself, truck people and motorcycle people.

i'm none of the above. i have a car only because i need it for my job.
That means your a car person just not a car enthusiest!Which means you need a car to just get you from pont a to point b ranging from a Toyota Corolla to a Chevy Cavalier as long as it gets you to where you need to go your fine you just not into sports cars or performance which is understandable just basic driving for your job!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 2:36 am

In SHort Ferraris are over rated and women prefer Muscle cars and drive them themselves esspecially mustangs!

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 2:57 am

Otaku, what did you have in your T-bird? In my 79 Mustang I had a 302 bored .60 over with 351 Windsor heads, a high rise Edelbrock intake and a Holly 465 4 bl. I had a 4 speed OD, metallic clutch and blowproof bellhousing, positrack rear end and dual exhaust with glasspacks which sounded so damn nice! It came factory with a 302 and automatic.

I had to learn to drive a stick after I had it built and it's great. I much prefer one. My husband couldn't drive one at all and when I met him I had an 85 Mustang with a 5 speed and he never drove it. He finally decided to let me teach him how to drive one when his dad gave him a 5 speed Mazda truck that he had. I taught my oldest son to drive in that truck when he was about 12. He prefers a stick, like me. The car we have now is a stick, and neither my daughter nor her fiance can drive one.

I used to race mine in the quarter mile. It had a decent top end, but it was but for the bottom end. I ran a quarter in the low .9's. That's damn good too. We had a place that held races on weekends. I was the first girl to ever win the title for the quarter in the big runs they held once a year. Now at 50 I drive the speed limit or under if it's a highway. I don't like going over 55. I would like to get a decent little car and run some a quarter or half though. I do miss that.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

AlexanderDantes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2015, 3:34 am

This video tells a different story..

AlexanderDantes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2015, 3:49 am

Different story completely.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 4:12 am

^^ Yes, these guys are acting better that they're owning the car.
The guy in the OP is not very believable, he looks and sound like he's someone's chauffeur.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jan 2015, 11:23 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
cberg wrote:

Me too! In terms of modern cars I like Japanese cars with 4 or 6 cylinders but I've always wanted a 1972 Ford Gran Torino. AFAIC, the golden age of American cars was the early 70s. The '72 Ford Torino has that classic "fishmouth" grill and was designed to be a sporty looking car that was affordable to the common man. I really hate the long, straight look of '60s cars compared to the curvy, sporty look of 70s muscle cars. 8)

The thing about those rice boy cars is that they are agile, accelerate rapidly, and are incredibly fun to drive.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Otaku, what did you have in your T-bird? In my 79 Mustang I had a 302 bored .60 over with 351 Windsor heads, a high rise Edelbrock intake and a Holly 465 4 bl. I had a 4 speed OD, metallic clutch and blowproof bellhousing, positrack rear end and dual exhaust with glasspacks which sounded so damn nice! It came factory with a 302 and automatic.

I had to learn to drive a stick after I had it built and it's great. I much prefer one. My husband couldn't drive one at all and when I met him I had an 85 Mustang with a 5 speed and he never drove it. He finally decided to let me teach him how to drive one when his dad gave him a 5 speed Mazda truck that he had. I taught my oldest son to drive in that truck when he was about 12. He prefers a stick, like me. The car we have now is a stick, and neither my daughter nor her fiance can drive one.

I used to race mine in the quarter mile. It had a decent top end, but it was but for the bottom end. I ran a quarter in the low .9's. That's damn good too. We had a place that held races on weekends. I was the first girl to ever win the title for the quarter in the big runs they held once a year. Now at 50 I drive the speed limit or under if it's a highway. I don't like going over 55. I would like to get a decent little car and run some a quarter or half though. I do miss that.
My T-Bird had a 390 under the hood pushed about 300 hp and 400 lb ft of torque!