Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

cags
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Mar 2007, 7:09 am

My daughter is 17, AS, she unfortunately inherited my eyebrows, if you don't pluck a a lot they become one big eyebrow. I tried to show her how to pluck them, just in the middle so they weren't joined. Her hair dresser tried to talk her into waxing them. instead she shaves them, just in the center. I don't think we could use hair removal cream because it would be too close to the eyes. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas about how to remove the hair.

Thanks,
Cags

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 7:57 am

well first, DON"T SHAVE THEM. it is very bad to have a shaving acedent so close to your eyes and forehead. If you can protect her eyes with something the creams may work. in some places. they sell goggle for sleeping or sunbathing, but they could probably also be used to protect her eyes from hair cream.

I am not sure if this helps.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 9:45 am

Does she not like wax? You can buy it to use at home. You'll just have to be careful. Maybe you can do it while she protects her eyes. Or have the hairdresser show her a few times so she knows how.

What about having it lasered off? That would take care of it permanently.

cags
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Mar 2007, 10:39 am

I know she would never wax them because of the pain. The eye googles are a good idea. I will give it a try. Thanks for the ideas.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 10:49 am

Sure, it does involve risk, but shaving has worked fine for me. The new gillette razors have that single blade on the reverse side, that seems to work really well.

a unibrow isn't any better looking on a guy. :P

Venevus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Mar 2007, 2:13 pm

I found an item that works for hairs like that. I forget the name of it but it's this electric shaving thing you can find in any pharmacy for less that 10 dollars. It looks like a pen with the hair cutting portion being like a longitudinal razor on one end, it works by having two modified razors (shaped to have "teeth")moving back and forth with a motor. The hairs that get caught in between the razor "teeth" get cut. It's very safe, does not cause razor burn, and is perfect for eyebrows and other facial hair. If i can remember the name of the item I'll post it asap.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 4:25 am

Shaving is the worst thing you could do.

I would reccomend buying some off the shelf mini wax strips.. ones that are made for the face and otehr delicate areas. All you need to do is whenever it's growing back, whip out a wax strip and it will take two seconds. The more she does it, the easier it will get.

You could also get elecronysis... but its very sore and costs a lot.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 1:43 pm

I read in a magazine that if you keep waxing the same spot, it will damage it somehow, and then less hair will be able to grow. Waxing doesn't hurt too much when done correctly.

cags
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Mar 2007, 5:00 pm

Waxing is probably the fastest and easiest way to remove the hair, but I know she won't do it. Maybe if I buy the wax stripes and do my eyebrows she'll see it's not that bad. She doesn't like to wear make up, jeans or stuff. Which is okay! Maybe it's a sensory thing? Thanks for all the suggestions.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2007, 2:19 pm

I get my eyebrows done at the mall about every four or five weeks for only $7. They do this stringing thing. I don't know exactly what it is, but it hurts far less than waxing, and it only takes about five minutes! Hope this helps! :)

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2007, 3:32 pm

I like my eyebrows thick with an arch to it.

Ribbons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Mar 2007, 5:37 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
I get my eyebrows done at the mall about every four or five weeks for only $7. They do this stringing thing. I don't know exactly what it is, but it hurts far less than waxing, and it only takes about five minutes! Hope this helps! :)

i agree get it done professionally
your eyebrows shape your whole face if she goes to a student place she could get it done really cheap
but remeber
do not shave
x