Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 7:58 pm

This is what ignorance can produce.
And a warning.. viewer discretion recommended :P

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 9:20 pm

Ignorance makes people perpetually 12. Huzzah.

There are too many gems from this video to quote so here is one:

Quote:
"you accept every single fact of science without ever questioning it...because you're gay."

i mean, what does that have to do with anything.

and Richard Dickins.

thank you. :lmao: i wonder if there would there be badly scrawled caricatures of him in the missionary with monkeys, if he got letters.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2015, 10:28 pm

I'm not sure ignorance is the correct word here. Clearly the vitriol is coming from people who have been exposed to the information. They simply reject it. Violently.
Honestly though, if the senders of those "letters" do end up in Heaven, I'd rather end up in Hell. Assuming those places exist.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 10:51 pm

going to heaven..probably not. they are doing the exact opposite of what their belief supposedly preaches: tolerance. they're extremists (infantile ones at that!!)

Browncoat wrote:
I'm not sure ignorance is the correct word here. Clearly the vitriol is coming from people who have been exposed to the information. They simply reject it. Violently.

yes, that too...don't want to accept the information, lest it shatters their little illusions and defense systems. :)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 11:14 pm

I can't be certain, but I think some of the messengers might think they're being clever.

"You're gay." Oh what a clever retort.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 1:44 am

Well, he does use an Apple. The serpent beguiled me!

All of Evolution and Science was put there by God before he discovered part of it.

Both Apples were created by God, then the spectacled serpent of Redmond claimed Word!

The Wrath of God! Born English!

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 5:16 am

Not a huge fan of Dawkins but that was pretty funny.

I'm laughing with the responders, not at them. I think it is cruel to laugh at them, but the whole situation is pretty funny as a whole.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 7:03 am

And that was just a small selection of emails sent to RD by Oldavid :D

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 11:01 am

What did Noam Chomsky ever do? :?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 11:07 am

Narrator wrote:
This is what ignorance can produce.
And a warning.. viewer discretion recommended :P

:lmao:

"your fake intelligence is nothing more than a fart of god" :P

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 11:42 am

But do they like him?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 2:52 pm

Ignorance is what has produced everything.

Applied ignorance is the key to all knowledge.

"The fool who persists in his folly will soon become wise."

This Dorkin guy has a ways to go, I cant prove he thinks he knows something, but he does try to convince others he does.

We know nothing, the best we do is knowing about something, which is then expressed in words to obscure it .

"By the Dark Energy contained in Dark Matter, String, and the Higgs Boson, I proclaim Science the One True Faith!"

Present your evidence.

That last guy was English too, Dorkwin, who said God had an Ape Phase, before he got it right and produced Englishmen.

All life was created by the One God, Pond Scum, and there is no second place. The rest is an interlocking system of recycled Biomass, something like paint by numbers, and this art critic is bad mouthing an unfinished work.

All of the names he was called are uncalled for, one includes them all, English!

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2015, 1:39 am

^^^
Your response seemed a bit wandering. I could be mistaken (since your message wasn't very clear), but it seems like you're attacking Dawkins. And the ad hominem nature suggest immaturity and/or weakness of argument.
What I find interesting is the too-common inverse relationship between evidence available and the tenacity of the argument. Too often, debaters will shout louder to cover up a lack of verifiable evidence. Put things to the test. If I assert that gravity is "just a theory" (technically it is) it doesn't matter how loudly I shout it or how much I believe it. If I truly think I'm right I should let go an apple and watch it fly upward. Granted, religious faith tends to muddy the waters since it is typically defined in such a way as to be unprovable. So we can politely disagree while acknowledging that theories/beliefs other than our own exist.
Personally, I have seen no solid evidence to prove or disprove the possibility of a deity. So I reserve decision. The term is "agnostic". Anybody is welcome to believe what they want, but if somebody starts attacking me for not following their belief...that is unkind action and my response will also be unkind.
Finally, the phrasing you used suggests that you are intolerant toward people from England. That comes across as small-minded.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 9:00 pm

I'm not his biggest fan, though the video is quite funny. I liked seeing the expression on his face as he read each letter. One thing I have to wonder is, what does being Gay have to do with anything? There are Gay Christians and Gay Atheists.