Putin apparently have Asperger's syndrome

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2015, 6:40 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /22855927/

I am not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet. However, I find it quite interested that the United States wasted money to study Putin like this. You wonder if they did this to put Putin in a bad light due Asperger's. I guess Putin will be the new Aspergers boogie man rather than Hitler.

Shauna88
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2015, 7:03 pm

Ummm... You know I would call this horsesh*t if I hadn't have seen this video:

He seems so awkward here. Especially with his hand gestures. One thing I notice about a lot of autistic people is they don't know what to do with their hands. They either leave them awkwardly hanging lifeless or they make weird gestures.

when I saw this a few months ago I thought "could he have AS?" And then I was like there's no way..

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 7:18 pm

Interesting idea ... if true, it bodes unwell for any future Aspies with aspirations of political leadership. I mean, if Mr. Putin is indeed an Aspie, then Russia is likely the first Aspie State! Not a very encouraging thought.

If false, then I would suspect 'someone' of: (1) Trying to demonize Mr. Putin by suggesting that he is something other than 'Neurotypical'; or (2) Trying to demonize Aspies by suggesting that we're all just like Mr. Putin; or (3) Both.

Nice try, but I doubt that it will work.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SIDWULF
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2015, 7:24 pm

Quote:
Putin, on the other hand, "has very different predilections," and "methodically cycles back to aspects of the problem facing him, continuing revising data to verify his research and confirm his priorities," the report said.
U.S. officials should present "the information-craving" Putin with "meaty policy research and white papers," Connors recommended. "Putin the private decision maker cannot be expected to enter into public exchanges with others on information interpretation or a final course of action."

Fascinating right here.

Being autistic i can relate to this. Basically He doesn't like to make decisions with a group.

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2015, 9:08 pm

He has poor gestures there because he is speaking English, he's better in Russian. And no he is normal, doesn't have any mental problems

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2015, 9:09 pm

Head of states can't have brain issues, only thing that Is tolerable is learning differences

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm

So did he get a proper assessment and diagnoses? If not then there's really no validity in the claim that he has it.

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2015, 9:12 pm

He can't speak english so obivously he will look awkward

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 9:47 pm

OK great. He's still an as*hole.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 12:34 am

"Researchers can't prove their theory about Putin and Asperger's, the report said, because they were not able to perform a brain scan on the Russian president."

My BS sensors are going into overload.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Pileo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 1:10 am

Tensions between Russia and US is back on the rise. It sounds like they're trying to discredit and slander Putin. Say what you will about his politics, but the man is not an incompetent at what he does, as shown by his ability to keep power.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2015, 1:46 am

Ganondox wrote:
"Researchers can't prove their theory about Putin and Asperger's, the report said, because they were not able to perform a brain scan on the Russian president."

Why put money into autism support where you can arm chair someone halfway across the planet?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 1:48 am

Ganondox wrote:

Aspergers Syndrome is not diagnosed based on brain scans last I checked, I did not get a brain scan for my diagnoses...something tells me they're just saying crap and don't have any actual evidence that its for real.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 10:56 am

Yep our government is going to next up suspect Kim Jong Un has it.
I hope nobody suspects Obama has it, he stutters because he is always lying.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 11:06 am

Pileo wrote:
Tensions between Russia and US is back on the rise. It sounds like they're trying to discredit and slander Putin. Say what you will about his politics, but the man is not an incompetent at what he does, as shown by his ability to keep power.

He discredits himself. But we don't want a war with Russia, it would be the end.