Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

niklas
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Feb 2015, 6:38 am

Hello!
I would like to know the following: Every time when I think of something (a person, an object or a situation) an image pops up in my mind. I have heard that this is quite common for asperger's people, we tend to think more in pictures than anybody else.
I now have the following question: Do you think that I can alter this image? I would like to know whether I can think of the same person or object or situation and see a different picture in my head?
Do you maybe know how I can achieve this, i.e. what I have to do to change the image?
Thank you in advance!

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 5:36 am

niklas wrote:
Hello!
I would like to know the following: Every time when I think of something (a person, an object or a situation) an image pops up in my mind. I have heard that this is quite common for asperger's people, we tend to think more in pictures than anybody else.
I now have the following question: Do you think that I can alter this image? I would like to know whether I can think of the same person or object or situation and see a different picture in my head?
Do you maybe know how I can achieve this, i.e. what I have to do to change the image?
Thank you in advance!

Hello Niklas. Welcome.

Yes, the images, for me it's too much.
The problem gets worse with too much television viewing. eg. Conversation with person and someone says harp, harpoon, harley, they can all be an image of Oprah (Harpo) -> and it's worse than living at guantanamo.

You can't really do anything about it.

Reading, writing in another language can alleviate the problem...but you still have too speak english in real life.
...and learning a new language can make it worse.

Laughing it off can help.

If you are still an a state where the pictures have not mixed with the words, then I envy you.
If you have an artistic or engineering mind that can solve problems on the fly, some would call it a gift and wish they could do that, others may tell you that it can make you go crazy, especially so if you are a writer.

Drawing helps alot of people, music can help too. If you are a musician, then you have it easy.

Having or being around children helps if you re not nervous around them.