Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 7:57 pm

I don't think that you, personally, are a fool. Sorry that my words could be taken that way.

But the idea that we shouldn't be concerned because anyone who would assume he's a psychopath based on this latest piece of media rubbish is uneducated and ignorant-- that doesn't hold water.

There are a lot of uneducated, ignorant people out there, friend.

To believe that being uneducated and ignorant means they're not capable of being dangerous is deeply foolish.

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm

I would have thought KGB agent and leader of a superpower were unlikely occupations for someone with Aspergers. All a bit too social.

Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 5:45 am

L_Holmes wrote:
I don't think this is the same as random people in the media just jumping to conclusions and claiming a famous person has Asperger's. I'm not saying I think that they're correct about it necessarily, but assuming the article is accurate, this is a conclusion that professionals hired by the government have made. I assume they do a thorough analysis on many foreign leaders to try to determine how best to work with them, which makes complete sense to me. The fact that there is a news article about this one in particular doesn't mean it's false or trying to make someone look bad.

He could have Asperger's. Or he might not. To the government that detail actually is important, as it would certainly change their approach in dealing with him. Not so much to the public, but they have to have their news stories I guess.

Anyway, anyone who thinks he is some kind of psychopath just because of this is uneducated and ignorant.

The problem I have is how it's being reported, the misinformation about how one receives an autism diagnosis and the information they provide on asperger's syndrome is inaccurate and misleading. Brain scan? An "insult to his brain" (from an MSN article) among other things - it's clear to me they are just throwing labels on someone based on what they see from the media and not observing him and interviewing him in person.

It's okay to diagnose him, he could have it or he could not, I don't know and I don't care. But I wish they would report it in a way that isn't a giant middle finger to the autism community.

DOJ
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Feb 2015, 11:19 pm

If Putin is a fellow aspie anything's possible .

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 12:36 am

I remember looking at personality types a while ago and it had Putin as someone with an INTJ personality type, which is known as the ASD personality type since it has such a high occurrence within the ASD population. It's not an overly crazy idea, but this is off of observations and nothing he's actually pursued himself so I don't think it's relevant. Just a publicity stunt, must have been a slow news week or a further ploy by the US government to ruin his image because ASD=Crazy to the uniformed citizen. Not that I'm arguing against America trying to strengthen itself, I just don't like it when they do it at our expense.