Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

traven
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 3:26 am

Generalisations can go any way. Before I suspected I could have asp I felt somewhat that I didn't have sufficient anxiety to give up my personality, just to fit in and fight for a place on social rock.
I feel they lash out for not tiring myself to dead just to fit in. NTs just need to kling on because outside the rock is an ocean of anxiety.
Also anxiety passes strongly by parenting , the nervous mother sheep will make their lambs fearfull too.
Anxiety has tendency to turn into dominance, the controlling, jealous kind, not the benificial dominance of a charismatic and calm overseeer.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 3:31 am

Erlyrisa wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Erlyrisa wrote:
Vernacular at the time as published by journalism (the other bunch to blame)

Baby Killer. -> This phrase will stick, and we will never forget.
It's easy if you try...DICK.

It was ok to be a protestor at the time...and it made ALOT of money for the journalists of the time. But when the war was over physically, socially it did not stop, and by all technicalities hasn't stopped to this day. Worst war yet.

(While some were at home making free love in the mud, on LSD, others were on LSD die-ing)

A good alternate movie to Apocalypse now, would be to make one that highlights what was happening at home -- oh, yeah is that movie called Forest Gump ( aka Greenie Gump dumbie - at least the chick got what she deserved - can't beleive she got to work as a normal human at the end, she didn't deserve it).

My decree to the nation at the time would have been that Vietvets have the right to shoot any person that opens their mouth too make political peace comments. Quite literally, they have free reign to just slaughter in any manner they so desire. No jail time, no repercussion...actually I would have rewarded for the grandest displays...that way the journalists stay in power. To this day those flower power people are still the ones with the assets living out in comfort spinning and weaving crap - they are the ones that became todays Journalists.

What peaves me off the most is that, again they get away scoot free, as the internet supplies them with nasdaq income, as they sit thier pretending to apply "knowledge" in order to justify thier existence.

Honestly you've lost me, I don't see how going around shooting civilians over their opinion would solve anything...I have PTSD because someone figured it was alright to come into a school and shoot a student, and I am supposed to feel one would be justified in going around shooting hippies or any other group of people who isn't outright causing harm to other people 'for sport', or that it would solve a single damn problem(it wouldn't). That and serial killing is usually looked down upon, I would disagree with the notion of society allowing for certain groups to be targeted to be 'shot for sport' just for disagreeing with whatever status quo is the current for obvious reasons, but perhaps you would prefer a very violent society that allows for that kind of thing....to each their own.

Not sure how a conversation about PTSD went in the direction of talking about groups of people that should be 'shot' because you disagree with their perspective or whatever.

What I am trying to convey is that THEIR IS NO CURE.

I am not going to get over seeing my mother in the bathtub...but I would never associate myself as having a 'disorder' that is the same naming convention as used for someone trying to get over war wounds. (and even that sounds pathetic)

Being female: You would take on stressors much more vividly.

A one off incident in which you are not the main event, I would not classify as PTS. True the images are huanting, associations to particular sounds re-occuring - but this is nothing in comparison to the real thing. The real thing is well and truly debilitating, hence why I doo see an interesting correlation too Autism spectrum.

Accumalitve, Coersive, Commutative, Significant ,etc Stress Disorders : I can slip in adjectives whenever I feel like it too.

The question is --WHY?, is it for my sake? am I really trying to understand the problem that the person is going through?
or...am I just getting my dissertation?

No offence, but computer programmers can reverse engineer the DMS into a self perpetuation entity.

I find some of this post a little confusing and anxiety-provoking. "I can slip in adjectives whenever I feel like it too." What do you mean? Are you really working on a dissertation?

In any case, if you suffer from PTSD, I am truly sorry. I can't imagine what they be like to see your mom in a bathtub after a suicide. Am I reading into what you are saying too much?

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 4:30 am

heavenlyabyss wrote:

I find some of this post a little confusing and anxiety-provoking. "I can slip in adjectives whenever I feel like it too." What do you mean? Are you really working on a dissertation?

In any case, if you suffer from PTSD, I am truly sorry. I can't imagine what they be like to see your mom in a bathtub after a suicide. Am I reading into what you are saying too much?

Yep...AND the psychologists "solution" is ... talk about it (at $60/hr of course)
It took me some proper introversion to figure out that the label: Post Traumatic Disorder, is a load of crap, used by those needing $60/hr.

ie. it is POST - of course it blody is, time progresses forward.
Trauma - wow!! , how long did it take for you to get your degree? STRESS? You mean Young's modulus? (ans: what's that?)
Disorder? - are you trying too state that I am nothing more than a robot to fix?

The WHOLE DSM is BS from start to finish. Something I can, regurgitate, and extrapolate with a simple language script...and by my GYestimates shouldn't take up more space than a CD-rom.

It took me a long time to realise, that alot of what people do (educated ones), is actually just hyperbole, announced in a manner that makes that entity more powerful, while taking the lower orders of life's pocket money. To me the whole system is no different too church: just way more expensive, and without the reward of making friends. Which, in-effect means that it is system procured to make sure that most people are non communal, or, taught to be communal in the first place, so as that those on-top can work their! communion in a manner that suits them(DSM Criteria). In effect Psychiatry is just Catholicism. (our bread is better than yours - b/c your stupid enough to pay $60 a wafer).

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

The bread WAS mind altering .... now the pyschiatrists doit without style.
Personally the church stuff atleast comes with a story to get you in the mood.
Maybe Pyschiatry, is just Hollywood + Pyschology/Pyschiatry = Catholicism.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 4:36 am

I feel like you are speaking a little cryptically. That's fine. I don't fully understand, but that's okay.

I agree, that referring to PTSD as a disorder is a little bit condescending.

And the whole authority of psychologists and psychiatrists can be rather condescending at times.

Best of luck.

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 4:42 am

traven wrote:
Generalisations can go any way. Before I suspected I could have asp I felt somewhat that I didn't have sufficient anxiety to give up my personality, just to fit in and fight for a place on social rock.
I feel they lash out for not tiring myself to dead just to fit in. NTs just need to kling on because outside the rock is an ocean of anxiety.
Also anxiety passes strongly by parenting , the nervous mother sheep will make their lambs fearfull too.
Anxiety has tendency to turn into dominance, the controlling, jealous kind, not the benificial dominance of a charismatic and calm overseeer.

That is almost beautiful...worth of the start to a book worth reading.

It is well written.

Title: Generalisations can go anyway. or Anywhich Way but General. (General - war, Generalisation, Gene, Generation)

Is see a very long and well thought out peice of work with that opening paragraph.
I see it as a book, on who we (humans) got here and now, I see it as a book that could open our eyes to how 'it' continues in a self perpetuating manner.
I see it with $$$$$$$$ signs. - Then you will 'earn' your keep on social rock (fragile). The dog was great.

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 5:05 am

heavenlyabyss wrote:
I feel like you are speaking a little cryptically. That's fine. I don't fully understand, but that's okay.

And the whole authority of psychologists and psychiatrists can be rather condescending at times.

Best of luck.

Syndrome doesnt help either
and the fact that even the pyschiatrist has trouble typing schizophrenia means that Denmark stinks beyond just cheese, foot odur + linburger and somesort of rotten fish is more pleasing to the sences than listening to a Pyschiatrist.

To me, when I sit with "the industry", I can literally see the persons entire life, as he sits their trying to illicit change in me via his/her perception of a solution.

It doesn't take much to be 'non-diagnosed': all you need is the same ammo they have, and the dependant variable is nothing more than language. Somthing we can all doo.

Maybe if the Catholic church had not have stopped teaching/preaching via latin: Pyschiatry, and many of the sciences would not seem elevated to the common man.

Who's children are the scientists now? biatchh?(Directed at scientists as a whole not you specifically)

I am looking for followers...versed ones, that can speak the lingo of the commoner, too illustrate to the poor commoner that your place in society, is not fully dependant on the failings of your parent, or yourself, but rather, society itself NEEDS internal wars in order for diversity to prosper: It is a mathematical law, that diversity is time: Anything else is just staring at the stars.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 2:00 pm

heavenlyabyss wrote:

Best of luck.

I do not see how referring to it as a disorder is condecending...I know for a fact I functioned better before I got PTSD, I also used to read a lot and could get entirely immersed in books without any care as to the rest of the world. Well PTSD took away my ability to do that...I can still read, like I understand the language and words but I don't really enjoy it anymore and cannot get immersed and that occurred directly after the trauma....I am still pissed off about that, though I've found music to be an alternate art form I can still immerse myself in.

Of course I've had genearlized anxiety ever since I can remember which has never been pleasant....But PTSD took my anxiety to a whole new level and causes me flashbacks, and things that remind me of the event stress me the hell out. Like I can be having a fine day, just minding my own buisiness and something out of the blue, maybe something I hear on the news if it happens to be on reminds me and in my head I cannot just let it go...and I feel the physical anxiety symptoms creeping up on me, sometimes the harder I try to ignore it the worse it gets. So there is all that, and it does actually causes significant changes to the brain/neurology. Basicallly PTSD alters you're brain in a way that makes it harder to function and in a sense its stuck in the trauma like physically....that is why people can't just 'get over' it. So considering it impairs functioning I'd say it makes sense to call it a disorder.

What I think would be condecending is assuming anyone who goes through a trauma has PTSD...Most people experience at least one traumatic event in life, and not everyone develops PTSD upon experiencing that it is perfectly natural to feel shaken up and need some time to heal...and might still come up from time to time in ones memory. with PTSD its as though the healing process one would normally go through after something traumatic is blocked from occurring....it is theorized people that already have mental problems can be more prone to PTSD since the already existing issues might make processing the trauma more difficult or at least causes the person to have a lower threshhold for that stress.

The mental health industry is certainly flawed....and there is too much influence of big drug companies, who sort of pressure professionals into using certain drugs as well as influencing the DSM in an attempt to create more conditions needing 'medicating'...though I think there is still some value in the DSM at least as a point of reference, or one of many tools to be used in a diagnostic process. So I won't disagree with any of you there.....but if PTSD isn't a condition, disorder, syndrome, or hell even injury of some kind what is it? Is there another word for something internal that significantly negatively interferes with functioning?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 6:57 pm

No PTSD or signs of such in me as adult or child.
The idea of PTSD is alien to me.