Atheist kills muslims and Gun Control a bad thing?

Page 19 of 19 [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 9:23 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, I have never threatened you, Raptor, or anyone. But I myself was once sent an email by a disgruntled NT who has since been banished, in which was contained a link to a very bloody, disgusting site of murders and war crimes, seemingly to punish me for some perceived slight. Another member, who I was having a heated discussion with about the alleged guilt of Trayvon Martin, said he hoped I would get my head smashed against a curb. As he was the traumatized victim of a mugging, I didn't pursue the matter with the moderators.

I've gotten some pretty weird PMs here over the years myself, including some pretty creepy ones with sexual overtones from someone who turned out to live fairly near me who had been sniffing around the AS social group I help run; kinda makes the guns seem prudent, right?

I do think it's worth mentioning that projection does seem to be a pretty common motivation for anti-gun people; they can imagine themselves losing their tempers and doing terrible things with a gun, they assume everyone else is just like them, and since they don't trust themselves with firearms, they don't trust anyone else either. It's pretty anecdotal, but within the microcosm of WP, I think it's fairly significant that the threats and macho posturing all do seem to originate on the anti gun side of things, kind of bears the projection theory out.

I'm sorry, I know that it must have been creepy to the point of being scary, but I have to say - -
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! !! !

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 12:17 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Wow, this thread has really derailed.

nah it was perfectly on track that all gun control threads go. actually seemed to take bit longer to get there than past ones.

I don't see the subject of gun control ever being agreed upon with antis and pro. Us two sides will never have peace, its a hopefully endless war, cause its win or die trying for one side, and lose and die for the other. Us pro gun side really have nothing to gain but so much to lose. the antis have nothing to lose but everything to gain. which is why pro side tends to be more passionate about the issue then the anti(nothing to lose = no real reason to fight, so they don't tend to represent to congress nearly as much)

I'd like nothing more than to go a month without some kind of attack on the 2nd amendment or talk about banning guns, or gun control. would be peaceful and resting.

on an interesting note, sadly some kids were hit by a driver this weekend:( but it has shown the this isn't just a gun thing, as people are demanding lower speeds, more traffic lights, more cops, stop driving on main street, we have to do something!! !! etc the situation is terrible sad, but none of those things would fix it, guy may have been drunk, ran the red light. the family was in the crosswalk, with traffic lights. building another crosswalk right next to the current one wouldn't' do anything. point being people get emotional after any death and demand stuff that defies logic as an feel good attempt. however bad stuff happens and will unfortunately keep happening as long as we humans exist.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 1:20 am

I'm with Sly, I'd happily never talk gun politics again if the ignorant masses would leave me be; I could be like a retired samurai on a mountain top tending to my Zen garden.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 1:29 am

Dox47 wrote:
I'm with Sly, I'd happily never talk gun politics again if the ignorant masses would leave me be; I could be like a retired samurai on a mountain top tending to my Zen garden.

I will be more than happy to be a quiet pacifist and not bother you if you do not bother me. So far, we have been remarkably civil to one another. 8)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 1:41 am

Dox47 wrote:

most of the masses could care not for guns or gun control. if the antis didn't bring it up. I doubt most people would even talk about guns and just keep living their lives. but antis wait for sad events to push their agenda on people when they are upset and looking for answers even if none exist. they are able to be mislead at this point, which is why most big pushes wait for shootings, though they tend to use even small stuff now since the larger stuff isn't as often as they'd like.

only good thing is the antis pushing creates more pro gun people. it gets people who wouldn't' have touched a gun to go buy one because it's going be banned, they go shooting and realise how fun it is. then they become one of the targeted by the antis and see why we fight back so. which for me means more people into guns to talk to. only real scare is that they are brainwashing kids in public school to think the 2nd amendment only applies to military and cops and guns are banned. they have also tricked adults. I've had a few people approach me asking how they register their guns or where do they go to get a license so they can buy one. our state has neither. just pass a background check and buy it.
wish we had a exemption for concealed carry people though. if one has a card then they passed multiple backround checks and are still good.

oh that got long :oops:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 1:42 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

I will be more than happy to be a quiet pacifist and not bother you if you do not bother me. So far, we have been remarkably civil to one another. 8)

so long as you post in gun control threads I don't see either happening. I'd say the same for dox, but we are the attacked side and its hard to not defend oneself.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 1:53 am

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

so long as you post in gun control threads I don't see either happening. I'd say the same for dox, but we are the attacked side and its hard to not defend oneself.

I don't post gun control threads. The only time I have commented on the subject is when I speak about insane idiots who put legitimate gun owners to shame. Unfortunately, that has been apparently perceived as code for all gun owners, which was never my intent. Then, admittedly, when attacked, I have made statements I usually would not have out of anger. Hopefully, we all will keep cooler heads.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 4:29 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I don't post gun control threads.

Oh? Guess who started this little nugget that ran 8 pages.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=264464

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 5:28 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Uh... I was only commemorating the late Secretary Brady who had just passed away. Really, you are going out of your way to instigate another fight, aren't you? Well, this time I'm not going to bite.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 12:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Uh... I was only commemorating the late Secretary Brady who had just passed away. Really, you are going out of your way to instigate another fight, aren't you? Well, this time I'm not going to bite.

Commemorating him for what? He's only known for two things; one of which is the press secretary for (according to the left) the most evil man since Hitler. For the life of me I can't see you wanting to commemorate him for that.
The only other thing he's renowned for is the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

To start that thread off you said:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Former Reagan press secretary, who had turned the tragedy of his near fatal shooting during the attempt on the President's life into a crusade for gun safety and accountability, has died at age 74. God speed, Jim.

If that's not the opening salvo of a gun control thread what is?

So yes, you have clearly posted at least one gun control thread even though you said that you had not.

What all does this demonstrate?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 1:09 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Commemorating him for what? He's only known for two things; one of which is the press secretary for (according to the left) the most evil man since Hitler. For the life of me I can't see you wanting to commemorate him for that.
The only other thing he's renowned for is the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

To start that thread off you said:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Former Reagan press secretary, who had turned the tragedy of his near fatal shooting during the attempt on the President's life into a crusade for gun safety and accountability, has died at age 74. God speed, Jim.

If that's not the opening salvo of a gun control thread what is?

So yes, you have clearly posted at least one gun control thread even though you said that you had not.

What all does this demonstrate?

Something inside you propels you to be an instigator, but that doesn't mean I have to give in to your prodding. I explained myself already, and if that isn't enough for you, then that's your problem. Have fun with your unfulfilled need to create conflict.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 1:12 pm

I can see that love is in the air again...if we can't stay on the subject, but rather feel propelled to resort to bickering, maybe this thread has reached its expiry date.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 3:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm sorry, I know that it must have been creepy to the point of being scary, but I have to say - -
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! ! ! !

Honestly, it was more WTF than anything, I mean why target someone who lives near you, is known to be armed, and whose username is a slang term for uncovering real identities on the internet? Sort of like trying to make a living mugging cops cashing their paychecks...

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 4:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I don't post gun control threads. The only time I have commented on the subject is when I speak about insane idiots who put legitimate gun owners to shame. Unfortunately, that has been apparently perceived as code for all gun owners, which was never my intent. Then, admittedly, when attacked, I have made statements I usually would not have out of anger. Hopefully, we all will keep cooler heads.

said post in. as in reply to a gun control thread. also not saying you can't or shouldn't' but don't expect others to not reply back to you replying is all. thus creating this endless loop that is gun control threads. I think this thread might have been better but yet it states gun control in the title meaning to support it, so i see any discussion on gun control as on topic. it ask is gun control a bad thing? , so how can any discussion on gun control be off topic. gun control is bad.

as for the other part, road rage, happens. this is a case of that. fighting over something as a parking spot. I wouldn't ever fight over such a thing. but if you think about it if both parties are willing to fight over such a stupid thing, its not hard to see that both or either side might resort to violence over it too.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 5:00 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! ! ! !

Honestly, it was more WTF than anything, I mean why target someone who lives near you, is known to be armed, and whose username is a slang term for uncovering real identities on the internet? Sort of like trying to make a living mugging cops cashing their paychecks...

I should apologize about the laughter emoticons; last night, I was drinking a little too much, as I had donated plasma, and so had some extra cash.