Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 2:43 pm

Aside from Wrong Planet, of course, what are your favorite web sites related to Asperger's Syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorders?

Do you know of any new such sites? Even if you don't have an opinion about new sites, tell us the sites you know.

For example, I just learned today about Autism Media Channel ( http://www.autismmediachannel.com/ ) which merged with the Autism File magazine. It appears to be focused on healthy diet and exercise, and other creative living skills. I haven't yet found evidence that it claims to cure AS/ASDs, but tries to improve the lives of those who have been diagnosed. My opinion might develop later.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 3:22 pm

I have an account over at AspieCentral, but haven't been there in a while. I signed up for Asperger's Dating, but then I realized you have to pay and I can't afford that. ASpartners can be interesting to lurk in.
But mostly I stay here.

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 4:54 pm

Autism Media Channel has a movie called "Who Killed Alex Spourdalakis", about an autistic teenager who was killed by his mother and caregiver. It argues that the "medical establishment" killed him, thereby absolving his real killers. It's absolutely sick.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 6:21 pm

PlainsAspie wrote:
Autism Media Channel has a movie called "Who Killed Alex Spourdalakis", about an autistic teenager who was killed by his mother and caregiver. It argues that the "medical establishment" killed him, thereby absolving his real killers. It's absolutely sick.

I don't know much yet about the web site, the movie or its claims. But, iatrogenic (death by doctor) injuries and deaths are quite common in the world, and are "the third-leading cause of death in the United States; after heart disease and cancer" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iatrogenesis . There could be reasons to believe that iatrogenic influences did contribute to Spourdalakis' death, while taking nothing away from the condemnation of the actual murderers.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 6:27 pm

The doctor did not stab him multiple times, his mother did.

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 7:40 pm

To answer the original question:

Thinking Person's Guide to Autism, Left Brain Right Brain, Autistic Self-Advocacy Network