Page 6 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 1:14 am

localish store here makes pre seasoned meat to sell, well often then not it ends up in their 3 for the price of 1 section, so steak, chicken(mostly chicken). the stuff does tend to be over seasoned, but one can wash it off cut it up freeze and make meals. normally like 6-9 per package, but now its 3 for package which contains 2 chicken breasts.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2015, 2:13 pm

ominous wrote:
Apparently 'veganpet' is the vegan pet food that has taurine for cats, etc. I think forcing a carnivorous animal to be vegan is wholly bizarre, but I guess they put a lot of work into making sure it has complete nutrition for cats. I suppose a cat being forced to eat a vegan diet that is complete nutrition is better than a cat being euthanised because nobody will look after it.

I agree, beats euthanasia, but even still, a case where owns own personal beliefs, are harmful to others.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 2:17 am

ominous wrote:
Apparently 'veganpet' is the vegan pet food that has taurine for cats, etc. I think forcing a carnivorous animal to be vegan is wholly bizarre, but I guess they put a lot of work into making sure it has complete nutrition for cats. I suppose a cat being forced to eat a vegan diet that is complete nutrition is better than a cat being euthanised because nobody will look after it.

Actually, euthanasia would be better, because then the cat wouldn't be forced to suffer and eat an unnatural, vegan diet. Cats. Are. Carnivores.

AlistairM
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2015, 2:28 am

it is. but I do it every day. a lot of things can be argued to be immoral that people do every day and gloat about or are proud of. humans are not special or do not have more value because of their intelligence, we have just as much value as any other animal that feels pain that has a self. however someone can only defend itself if it can utter the words "stop" in our culture if something can not speak to defend for itself humanity doesn't give a s**t about its feelings its pain only the value it can produce from it as if it were an object. I don't think veganism will catch on, even me I accept eating meat is wrong I accept farming sentient life is wrong, but I will continue to eat meat, and dairy, and all the food I enjoy because I simply don't care. I value my pleasure more than the suffering, safety or quality of life the animals lose for me to experience that pleasure, and seeing as the general population never sees the suffering the animals experience or can hear them articulate the suffering most won't care either. people just don't care about what can't communicate on our level because they think the intelligence we have is some kind of sign of authority or holy symbol...so much identity is put into this when humanity has the same value as every other species nothing but the experiences it has negative or positive. there is no other form of value or truth in the universe beyond the experience, and this scares humans knowing something like this. so they think " I am the best I will take what I want from this reality and do as I please be fruitful and multiple the dna, the intelligence, my god wills it so." so I'm not sure what can really be done with people who think like this.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 5:35 am

Since people give two answers to this question, then you can say it's up to the individual.

Me, no.

Cool if you say yes, but don't be a hypocrite about it, and don't force your choice on me.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 7:31 pm

Nope, as long as its not some endangered species and nothing is wasted there is nothing wrong with that, we ourselves are animals and we eat other animals and plants. Eating animals is awesome!! !! *nom nom nom*

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

BritAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2015, 8:12 pm

I'm nearly carnivorous and I'm healthy. To answer your question OP: no I don't think it's wrong to eat meat to me ethics don't come to it, it simply is.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 8:40 pm

BritAspie wrote:
... To answer your question OP ...
The OP is no longer a member of this website.