Page 4 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Pizzagal3000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2015, 2:41 am

Sherry221B wrote:
I totally agree with you. Besides, it seems that too many humans forget that, our species also belong to the animal kingdom; humans are also animals. So, this by itself answer the question. It is also morally wrong to inflict pain to someone else who has done nothing bad to yourself. Because of non-humans not communicating the way we do, in a way, it is like if they did not have a "voice". So, they are much more vulnerable, they cannot truly defend themselves. Their abuse goes unheard, and not everybody is willing to do something about it.

For a very long time they have been treated as inferior, just because they are not humans. Non-humans deserve to have their own lives too, they came into these world too. Humans behave as if they were the rulers of this world, and drive many species to extinction because of their own greed....There are many more things which could be commented regarding these kind of things. The point is, just because they are not humans does not make them inferior nor less of a being.

I personally sympathize with their pain, as I know how bad it is like. The non-humans I have interacted with through my existence, have treated me much better than the fellow humans....Not just that, they also understood me and accepted me the way I am.

I want to add too, that I read once something like you can get an idea of someone´s character depending of their treatment with animals (non-humans). I liked that. If someone is willing to treat you with a minimum of respect, and take their time to understand you, that would be a great individual, indeed. To me, they are and always be my friends even if I do not get to see them.

Awesome! I wish there was a way to "like" comments! This was the best one for me.

I don't know why there were about two different members I noticed that attempted to make me feel guilty by using The Word of God against my belief not to ever ingest another living creature. But they should know that as I have stated, "I want to know what you guys THINK." DO NOT tell me what I CAN and CANNOT do. I mean, one guy was like, "DO NOT DEFY THE WORD OF GOD." I'm like thinkin, " What the hell....Or else what?"

The Holy Bible was surely tampered with. I won't get into who tampered with it and where it REALLY came from, because it might get this thread deleted or me banned, so I will stop right there.

But I have a right to feel how I feel and say what I think just like you guys. SO DON'T YOU EVER TELL ME WHAT TO DO! PLEASE! :D

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2015, 6:08 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I've thought about going vegetarian a few times, more for health reasons than anything pertaining to animal welfare, but I just like meat too much to do so. :P Plus, all sorts of things that we use in our day to day lives are derived from animals in some way.

I mean, just look at all the different things that are derived from cattle:

My sister is a Vegan, she keeps trying to put her cat on a vegetarian diet, luckily her girlfriend is not as stupid and stops her. Some quarn and tofu products are ok though. Eating veg can be a nice light alternative sometimes. When i eat jelly babies you should see the looks from mothers; the condemnation :p

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2015, 6:11 am

ominous wrote:
Amity wrote:
If these animals live a comfortable life, experience a semi natural environment (eg partial grass diet), and die in a peaceful manner, that is a good outcome from my perspective.

http://earthlings.com

Agreed, genitals cut off while still concious is pretty f*****g barbaric.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2015, 6:16 am

Must pay more attention so i don't respond to the wrong persons comments!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 6:23 am

ConcreteDinosaur wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I've thought about going vegetarian a few times, more for health reasons than anything pertaining to animal welfare, but I just like meat too much to do so. :P Plus, all sorts of things that we use in our day to day lives are derived from animals in some way.

I mean, just look at all the different things that are derived from cattle:

My sister is a Vegan, she keeps trying to put her cat on a vegetarian diet, luckily her girlfriend is not as stupid and stops her. Some quarn and tofu products are ok though. Eating veg can be a nice light alternative sometimes. When i eat jelly babies you should see the looks from mothers; the condemnation :p

Your sister doesn't understand that cats are carnivores, and thus can only eat animal products? :?

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2015, 10:27 am

ConcreteDinosaur wrote:
My sister is a Vegan, she keeps trying to put her cat on a vegetarian diet, luckily her girlfriend is not as stupid and stops her.

If I knew about this, animal control or other relevant authorities would be contacted. Attempting to force a pet to eat a diet incompatible with its biology for stupid ideological reasons is pet abuse, plain and simple.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 12:33 pm

Quote:
Awesome! I wish there was a way to "like" comments! This was the best one for me.

I don't know why there were about two different members I noticed that attempted to make me feel guilty by using The Word of God against my belief not to ever ingest another living creature. But they should know that as I have stated, "I want to know what you guys THINK." DO NOT tell me what I CAN and CANNOT do. I mean, one guy was like, "DO NOT DEFY THE WORD OF GOD." I'm like thinkin, " What the hell....Or else what?"

The Holy Bible was surely tampered with. I won't get into who tampered with it and where it REALLY came from, because it might get this thread deleted or me banned, so I will stop right there.

But I have a right to feel how I feel and say what I think just like you guys. SO DON'T YOU EVER TELL ME WHAT TO DO! PLEASE! :D

I am glad you liked my comment. That was a medium comment. Apollonius thought in a similar way, of mine. Leonardo da Vinci was a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw shared that too, Leo Tolstoy, Voltaire, Plato, Albert Einstein, and Nikola Tesla. If they were in the present they would be vegan as it is now.

"Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty"

But, yes, of course, everybody can do as they please, as long as they can do as they please.

jwfess
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2015, 3:24 pm

Sherry221B wrote:
Quote:

I am glad you liked my comment. That was a medium comment. Apollonius thought in a similar way, of mine. Leonardo da Vinci was a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw shared that too, Leo Tolstoy, Voltaire, Plato, Albert Einstein, and Nikola Tesla. If they were in the present they would be vegan as it is now.

"Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty"

But, yes, of course, everybody can do as they please, as long as they can do as they please.

I just did a quick google search to verify your 3 of your claims, it seems that Einstein was a vegetarian for 1 year out of his 76 year life, and evidence for Leonardo da Vinci and Plato's vegetarianism is scant at best. Making false claims doesn't help your case.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2015, 3:30 pm

drh1138 wrote:
ConcreteDinosaur wrote:
My sister is a Vegan, she keeps trying to put her cat on a vegetarian diet, luckily her girlfriend is not as stupid and stops her.

If I knew about this, animal control or other relevant authorities would be contacted. Attempting to force a pet to eat a diet incompatible with its biology for stupid ideological reasons is pet abuse, plain and simple.

I totally agree, its her ideological reasons that justified her attempts, they will however not affect the cat, as she has a more sensible partner to prevent her.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 3:36 pm

Hitler was a vegetarian. Not to imply anything about vegetarians in general.

bearded1
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2015, 3:42 pm

I don't think so they are nutritious and delicious.

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2015, 4:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Hitler was a vegetarian. Not to imply anything about vegetarians in general.

He was prescribed a vegetarian diet by his doctor for flatulence, but he didn't stick to it very well.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 6:27 pm

sly279 wrote:
if you can afford to eat non meat and animal products and have the ability to all the good for you. just don't judge those who can't :(

But isn't meat usually much more expensive than other foods? I think people would actually save money by going vegetarian or half-vegetarian.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 6:41 pm

ConcreteDinosaur wrote:
drh1138 wrote:
ConcreteDinosaur wrote:

I totally agree, its her ideological reasons that justified her attempts, they will however not affect the cat, as she has a more sensible partner to prevent her.

I think there are some types of vegan or vegetarian cat food, but I don't know how safe that is.
If cats don't eat enough taurine (in meat, fish) they will go blind.

ominous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm

Apparently 'veganpet' is the vegan pet food that has taurine for cats, etc. I think forcing a carnivorous animal to be vegan is wholly bizarre, but I guess they put a lot of work into making sure it has complete nutrition for cats. I suppose a cat being forced to eat a vegan diet that is complete nutrition is better than a cat being euthanised because nobody will look after it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 7:15 pm

trollcatman wrote:
sly279 wrote:
if you can afford to eat non meat and animal products and have the ability to all the good for you. just don't judge those who can't :(

But isn't meat usually much more expensive than other foods? I think people would actually save money by going vegetarian or half-vegetarian.

it is but all food is, meat is far cheaper then organic veggies, chicken is cheapist, but low cost beef has gone up but the better stuff hasn't so its 4 for 85% or 5 for 97% use to be 2.50 for 85%, mind you this is for a pound. and all this is "fresh"

I usually buy tv dinners for cost savings. really all food is going up. the health food/vegan store prices are super high and most their stuff goes bad after 2 days or less.