Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 6:06 pm

You might already know about this, but I just found out that the Amazon.com foundation, Amazon Smile, gives a percentage of every customer's purchase to the customer's preferred charity http://smile.amazon.com/about/ref=smi_se_ft_abt_saas .

Among the eligible charities are more than 4,200 local and national non-profit groups for individuals with Asperger's Syndrome or other Autism Spectrum Disorders. I checked for Wrong Planet, but couldn't find it (I suspect because it isn't nonprofit).

So, if you haven't already chosen your preferred charity for your Amazon.com account(s), look into it today! It is free of charge and could help your favorite AS/ASD group!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 11:23 am

Amazon.com doesn't make this fact very obvious, but Amazon Smile customers who wish their purchases be counted toward their contributions to their preferred charity must log-in through Smile.Amazon.com ( https://smile.amazon.com/ ) before the purchase is made.

I will be logging in that way from now on. "Smile.Amazon.com" is easy to remember ... for me, at least. 8)

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)