Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

asickler
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Feb 2015, 1:30 pm

I am 17 years old and i can get very depressed. i get depressed because i don't have many friends and i don't go out much. i feel like im missing out on my youth and im not living my life fully. reaching out and making plans with others is something i don't really want to do, but it seems to be the only solution to my loneliness. i want to know if there's anyone else out there with similar experiences, i feel so different and unnatural in my isolated habits. i feel like i like being alone, but it still makes me depressed, i wish i could accept the fact that ill never have many friends and that i like to be alone. i feel bed that im not making any important memories with other people my age, i find it very hard and stressful to socialize. am stuck in my own worries and ideas of a perfect teenage life.
i listen to the song "at seventeen" and can strongly relate to what she singing about, if theres anyone else who feels like i feel, please give me some advice on either making a change, or accepting how i am

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 5:55 pm

I used to think that I'm wasting my youth for not being that person who goes out, etc, etc. but I think at this age we have fresh brains and we can learn so fast so instead of 'living my life' I spend most of my time studying and learning about things which intrest me, I think I will leave the 'living my life' thing for a later time, I think fun comes with life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 10:00 am

I agree, at the age of 17, you have lots of time to "live life."

asickler
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2015, 12:54 pm

i get upset when i stay home and spend time alone, but in a way i enjoy it, i prevent myself from being happy because i feel like i "should" be doing something else.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 1:42 pm

asickler wrote:
i get upset when i stay home and spend time alone, but in a way i enjoy it, i prevent myself from being happy because i feel like i "should" be doing something else.

That happens to me too but I don't enjoy being out, I enjoy sitting at home during weekends but I feel like I should be out like everyone else but I don't enjoy it, at times I want to go out but I feel too lazy.

Scissor...me
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Feb 2015, 6:07 pm

You should have one or two friends; no? But i can tell u that people waste their lives more with lodes of friends because they don't get anything done. So even though they've shared some fun moments together (which u can still spend without going out 5 times a week) they don't do anything concrete which is in a way waiting time

Sarah xx