Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 2:08 pm

They've been doing the #autismchampions hashtag for a long time. It's very patronizing.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Feb 2015, 5:31 pm

Made a pleb video about it, HA. So much truth, courage, and honour in the hashtag, it's glorious, and they're all heroes.

We're also starting to see "reverse-discrimination" accusations going around, just like when gay people get accused of anti-Christian bigotry. Might have to make another pleb video on that.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 6:40 pm

eloralouistra wrote:
So Autism Speaks have apparently now started using #AutismChampions as a tag instead. So, yay we took over one tag, but now we have another one.

Lol sooner or later they're going to run out of tags and we'll have an army of tags on our end.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Feb 2015, 7:20 am

Autism Speaks would like a review of their 10 years of hate and bigotry.
https://www.facebook.com/autismspeaks?sk=reviews

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 7:41 pm

Moromillas wrote:
Autism Speaks would like a review of their 10 years of hate and bigotry.
https://www.facebook.com/autismspeaks?sk=reviews

Lol it's like they're begging us all to rip them a new one. Oh well, plenty of us will let them have it, the only problem I foresee is them deleting content they don't like, so all they will have on their page is shining reviews from supporters.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2015, 12:18 am

As is my understanding currently...

The article reported on both "positive" and negative tweets about Autism Speaks in a public forum (twitter), and had an Autism Speaks advertisement showing what Speaks thinks of us.

There was no ethic boundary that required them to ask Autism Speaks anything, as they weren't reporting it as "this is fact", they we're commenting on and showing the tweets.

MTV News reached out to Autism Speaks for further comment.

After 2 hours of the article being live, MTV pulled the article, and later stated it was pulled because A$ wasn't given "ample" opportunity to comment on the article, which is untrue.

From this we can deduce:
MTV are giving preferential treatment to A$.
A$ is scared of us.

Here is the google cache of the article:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... roversy%2F

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 2:38 pm

MTV has not been relevant in 20 years.

We have been fighting on their turf, big money, mainstream media. Now they are on ours. Autistics I believe had a part building the internet and will out maneuver them on this venue. Not that the other stuff in unimportant, but we win this we win The Millennial's and younger and eventually us baby Boomers will be dead and that generation will be in power. I don't think without the use of the web, LBGT rights and visibility would have happened to nearly this degree.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

eloralouistra
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Feb 2015, 3:51 pm

Moromillas wrote:

As is my understanding currently...

The article reported on both "positive" and negative tweets about Autism Speaks in a public forum (twitter), and had an Autism Speaks advertisement showing what Speaks thinks of us.

There was no ethic boundary that required them to ask Autism Speaks anything, as they weren't reporting it as "this is fact", they we're commenting on and showing the tweets.

MTV News reached out to Autism Speaks for further comment.

After 2 hours of the article being live, MTV pulled the article, and later stated it was pulled because A$ wasn't given "ample" opportunity to comment on the article, which is untrue.

From this we can deduce:
MTV are giving preferential treatment to A$.
A$ is scared of us.

Here is the google cache of the article:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... roversy%2F

Wow, do A$ just bully everyone they can't ignore into making them look good? Because that's the impression I'm getting. And have they ever publicly acknowledged that most autistic people hate them? Please let me know if this has happened, because I'm honestly not sure it has. They usually just hide behind their collection of "autism parents" who get to yell that, "You don't know what it's like having a child with severe autism!! !" every time anyone criticises A$.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2015, 4:25 pm

eloralouistra wrote:
Wow, do A$ just bully everyone they can't ignore into making them look good? Because that's the impression I'm getting. And have they ever publicly acknowledged that most autistic people hate them? Please let me know if this has happened, because I'm honestly not sure it has. They usually just hide behind their collection of "autism parents" who get to yell that, "You don't know what it's like having a child with severe autism!! !" every time anyone criticises A$.

And that's the power that money has. I don't know if it was a donor or A$ itself, but just the fear of a very lengthy and very costly litigation battle, even if it's frivolous, would be enough to have the article pulled.

That would be my guess. I don't know for certain what happened, but that's my guess.

The fastest way to solve this would be to cut them off from all that money. That means vocally changing public opinion, so that gradually over time A$ doesn't have this flow of money coming in from the public to fund their bigotry and eugenics. That's why I think every Aspergian, every Autistic, should be on different forums not just blogs, social media, podcasts, put a real and human face on us by making youtube vids or live streams, whatever it takes.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2015, 1:59 am

More from the MTV story.

http://autismwomensnetwork.org/disabled ... cal-media/

This shows clear bias towards the hate group, and censorship of quotes given.

She tried to excuse the censorship by saying it was "fair and balanced" to do so, after Autism Speaks refused to comment.

As it turns out, Caitlin Abber (the editor) wanted to censor parts of the article, but instead, while having a tantrum, took the whole article down.

I am just gobsmacked at the level of professionalism, or lack, thereof, and the blatant support of hate groups.

eloralouistra

01 Mar 2015, 7:57 am

Moromillas wrote:
More from the MTV story.

She tried to excuse the censorship by saying it was "fair and balanced" to do so, after Autism Speaks refused to comment.

As it turns out, Caitlin Abber (the editor) wanted to censor parts of the article, but instead, while having a tantrum, took the whole article down.

I am just gobsmacked at the level of professionalism, or lack, thereof, and the blatant support of hate groups.

Ugh, that's awful. Thanks for the update on it, though.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 6:06 pm

Moromillas wrote:
More from the MTV story.

"Fair and balanced"? :lmao: The editor is clearly a supporter of A$.
There's no such thing as "fair and balanced" when it comes to the news, there is truth, and then there is fiction, no "fair and balanced" vs "unfair and unbalanced". Fairness isn't even in the equation of the search for truth.