Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Chunte4
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2015, 3:50 am

For while I was suffering from major anxiety to the point where I couldn't function and had to drop out of school. Now, years later (after my condition got better and I was able to function again) I went back to school. I thought I was healed but now, almost two months into it it's starting to really hit me hard again. I don't know what to do or why it's happening. All of my normal coping methods are failing and basically I just feel scared. I think it may be due to another condition (I suspect it's something to do with my parathyroid, but I don't know). Has anyone else ever been in the same boat?

abeautifulmind
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2015, 10:55 am

A simple blood test will reveal your thyroid levels. You should go for a check immediately. Often anxiety issues are related to our physical health and proper medicines will help you with this.

pinkmoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2015, 7:54 pm

Chunte4 wrote:
For while I was suffering from major anxiety to the point where I couldn't function and had to drop out of school. Now, years later (after my condition got better and I was able to function again) I went back to school. I thought I was healed but now, almost two months into it it's starting to really hit me hard again. I don't know what to do or why it's happening. All of my normal coping methods are failing and basically I just feel scared. I think it may be due to another condition (I suspect it's something to do with my parathyroid, but I don't know). Has anyone else ever been in the same boat?

You might want to try a beta blocker such as Propranolol - really helps to quell the physical effects of anxiety. Parathyroid issues would affect calcium levels, which can be checked with a routine blood test.