Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2015, 12:46 pm

Just recently, I went to my doctor, and I weighed Two hundred and forty-four pounds with a Body Mass Index count of Thirty-six point zero. My Primary care physician, as well as my behavioral healthcare provider, were stunned to here that.
As well as my weight is up, my cholesterol and blood sugar was up the last time my primary care physician did bloodwork.
My primary care physician asked me to eat lean meats, fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, and to stay away from the fatty foods. What exactly are lean meats? :?:

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 4:42 pm

I think chicken and turkey are two, but a little research never hurts.

Losing weight can be hard, but even small changes can make a difference. I lost a little simply by not bringing home soda to sip at and cooking my own meals.

Jojoba
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2015, 6:06 pm

Along with chicken, turkey, and fish, grass fed meats are on the lean side. I've done better health wise since avoiding processed foods. I also tend to avoid grains, which some find helpful with weight loss and lowering blood sugar.

Pileo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 10:57 pm

Lean meats are going to have a high protein/low fat ratio. For example, lean beef is made from cuts with less marbling (like what Jojoba said, diet of the animal has effect on the amount of marbling) and has most of the connecting fat cut away. Certain meats are naturally lean like birds and a lot of fish.

I've been off and on diets my whole life. My advice is find a diet that works for you. If you hate the diet, you're not going to stick to it. I'm currently on the Keto Diet and have lost 15 pounds since the beginning of January. I've heard some people complain that it's hard, but I find it ridiculously easy. You just have to be okay with cooking and be culinary adventurous.

Jojoba
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2015, 7:52 am

That's a nice keto web sight Pileo. I've been reading about the keto diet lately and health benefits associated with it. It has me thinking of giving the diet a try in the near future. Another sight I've enjoyed learning from is The Charlie Foundation For Ketogenic Therapies ~

http://www.charliefoundation.org

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Feb 2015, 3:05 pm

Until the start of november I used to eat a lot of sugary waffles which increased my weight. I was well overweighted. Gaining weight was slowly because I biked and walked a lot (when I go to work, parts of the route is walked and biked, the rest is gone by train).

When I was about 200 pounds with a BMI of 28,5, it was time to do something about it. I stopped eating waffles, and when I am visiting my parents I replace ice, a pie and chips by a pie and halved the amount of chips. When I go to my parents I also used to eat chips in the train, but I have stopped doing that as well. When there is a party, I eat the same as what the rest eats.

On moments losing weight can be tough. That is caused by a lot of parties and dangerous weather. I partly replace biking by going by bus when the roads are slippery, icy because of freezing water that makes biking really dangerous.

Since then my weight dropped. I was well overweighted, now I am just slightly overweighted. I am about 183 pounds now, some 5 pounds higher than the limit between healthy weight and overweight. So I have about 5 pounds to go. When I lose that, my weight is what I want it to be.

Last edited by hmk66 on 27 Feb 2015, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeangrey123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2015, 4:40 am

Thanks for the post and sharing...