Texas Bathroom Bill Criminalizes the Transgender

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 Feb 2015, 12:12 am

I think the issue is more that it might might make some people uncomfortable to have somebody that looks visibly male using the women's bathroom rather than any real threat of assault. If they can't tell then obviously it isn't an issue. As I said I personally don't care, it doesn't effect me in the slightest but I think its best to use the bathroom of the gender you most appear to be just for utilitarian reasons as the bathroom shouldn't be about feelings or social engineering. I think this bathroom issue is being held up to be more than it should be, it's shouldn't be about some legal recognition of the gender you identify as. I'm repeating myself but I think especially in newer and larger buildings there should be family mixed use gender neutral or just single use bathrooms as that everyone not just specifically the transgendered.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 6:07 am

I don't think "feeling uncomfortable" is a valid reason to ban someone from using the bathroom. It's not a valid reason to ban anything.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 11:44 am

Magneto wrote:
I don't think "feeling uncomfortable" is a valid reason to ban someone from using the bathroom. It's not a valid reason to ban anything.

but why have separate men and women's bathrooms at all then?

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 11:50 am

I don't know, I'm not the one advocating for gender-segregated restrooms. As long as the stalls are private (properly, floor to ceiling), there shouldn't be a problem. I think men and women can wash their hands in the same space without any issues...

It would, however, mean getting rid of urinals. But that's the only reason I can see to have a men-only restroom.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 12:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Orangez wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Orangez wrote:
ominous wrote:
Orangez wrote:
ominous wrote:
My heart really bleeds for the oppressed white guy you must be, Orangez. :roll:

Then why do you support the idea of male and female segregated bathrooms as I used the same logic as that. Please be more logically consistent.

Oh dear. Read up on historical oppression before you come at me here again.

I will give you an understanding of how logic works since you seem to lack that ability. What I used is your argument against you in a way you disagree with. Thus, I have proven to you that you don't believe in your argument, therefore, you original argument is invalid based on your own disagreement with your original point.

No, you are asserting false equivalency. You are the one being illogical.

How is it a false equivalency? They segregated bathrooms to protect the whites and one of the reason we segregate washrooms due to gender is to protect females. I don't understand since it has the same underlying logic. I was just showing that this logic is the same logic as to protect Whites against Blacks.

Protect whites?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 12:39 pm

Magneto wrote:
I don't know, I'm not the one advocating for gender-segregated restrooms. As long as the stalls are private (properly, floor to ceiling), there shouldn't be a problem. I think men and women can wash their hands in the same space without any issues...

It would, however, mean getting rid of urinals. But that's the only reason I can see to have a men-only restroom.

It's not about advocating, that is the current state of things and most buildings aren't going to be changing any time soon. As I said I think most new and large buildings probably should have family gender-neutral single us bathrooms which can serve families with children, people disabilities(mental and physical), and transgendered which should preempt the problem.

Why would they have to get rid of urinals? I would imagine women would prefer men use urinals as opposed to peeing on the seat. I haven't seen too many floor to ceiling stalls either btw.

I think it is as simple as serving the most people in the most utilitarian way, the bathroom shouldn't be seen as reinforcement of your gender identity as some are holding it up as. If you appear male you should use the men's bathroom and if you appear female use the women's, wherever causes the least amount of attention.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 12:58 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Orangez wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Orangez wrote:
ominous wrote:
Orangez wrote:
ominous wrote:
My heart really bleeds for the oppressed white guy you must be, Orangez. :roll:

Then why do you support the idea of male and female segregated bathrooms as I used the same logic as that. Please be more logically consistent.

Oh dear. Read up on historical oppression before you come at me here again.

I will give you an understanding of how logic works since you seem to lack that ability. What I used is your argument against you in a way you disagree with. Thus, I have proven to you that you don't believe in your argument, therefore, you original argument is invalid based on your own disagreement with your original point.

No, you are asserting false equivalency. You are the one being illogical.

How is it a false equivalency? They segregated bathrooms to protect the whites and one of the reason we segregate washrooms due to gender is to protect females. I don't understand since it has the same underlying logic. I was just showing that this logic is the same logic as to protect Whites against Blacks.

Protect whites?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, but Tom is black.