Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

milksnake
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2015, 9:01 am

Er, Hi,

I have considered myself a gifted autistic for many years now but recent experiences trying to learn to drive and my failure to put my mechanical engineering degree to practical use have forced me to face up to the negative aspects of the condition.

Because of this I have decided to seek a diagnosis and any help I may be entitled to via the NHS. I have already had problems with my GP but have been able to contact the mental health services myself and they have agreed to see me.

I am a concerned that I will not be able to get the help I feel i need and I've joined the forum primarily to find advice and experience about diagnosis procedure.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 9:10 am

Welcome Milksnake. Many here are not UK, so you might wanna bear that in mind as procedures might vary fom country to country. Take care :wink:

milksnake
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2015, 10:50 am

Thank you and noted,

I'm also lurking on a few UK specific forums but they tend to be a bit quiet, there is plenty of material from people who have been through the process but the threads are mostly long dead.

I am also documenting my experiences and plan to post them once/if I am diagnosed.

Edit: I've also stolen your avatar idea (come to think of it I've seen similar ones a few times before).

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 3:03 pm

Hey milksnake welcome. :sunny:

milksnake
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2015, 3:35 pm

shiny :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran