Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 11:47 pm

aghogday wrote:

On both Firefox and IE, I tried clicking "next" after completing the first test. Nothing happened. That makes this test worthless.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 11:57 pm

Narrator wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:
Trans people should always be respected as human beings, but that does not mean that every person that is trans has chosen it because it is a manifestation of their true primary spirit. Sometimes it's a self destructive mistake.

Nebogipfel wrote:
...or to put it a better way, it will be shown that it was creating conditions, beyond de-stigmatisation, that would lead people to be more likely to "choose" it.

The trouble with that line is three-fold.

First, when you focus on the ones who have "chosen" it out of some psychotic reaction, it becomes too easy to lump all the rest in with that lay diagnosis, stigmatizing the rest, and turning them into freaks.

Second, who is going to decide is which is which? In the west, afaik, all sex change candidates undergo extensive psych evaluation. Are you going to question that?

And third, a person who breaks free should be able to celebrate that! Instead, they get told they are sick. Is that how you want to treat such people?

I agree with all your points. But, It feels like a bribe to me. Like we've traded the earth for some lousy trinkets, and the trinkets are also poisoned with tranquillisers.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 27 Feb 2015, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 11:59 pm

beneficii wrote:
aghogday wrote:

On both Firefox and IE, I tried clicking "next" after completing the first test. Nothing happened. That makes this test worthless.

Same with me. I did get sixteen out of twenty on the angles test, though (humph, thought I had done better than that).

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 12:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
This is America; people should be able to live however they see fit, and should have the same utmost protection by the law as anyone else. If an individual believes he or she has been born into the wrong body, and wishes to make use of modern medicine to make a change, then that should be their right, even if it's not something I would be interested in ever doing. My wife and I have a friend who is a trans woman; and we have no problem accepting her as a woman.

Only if they are psychologically assessed that it is in their best interest to be reassigned surgically to the sex of their brain sex. The surgery is irreversible and the individual could change their mind.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 12:10 am

16. How do you get the second test?

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 27 Feb 2015, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 12:16 am

progaspie wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
This is America; people should be able to live however they see fit, and should have the same utmost protection by the law as anyone else. If an individual believes he or she has been born into the wrong body, and wishes to make use of modern medicine to make a change, then that should be their right, even if it's not something I would be interested in ever doing. My wife and I have a friend who is a trans woman; and we have no problem accepting her as a woman.

Only if they are psychologically assessed that it is in their best interest to be reassigned surgically to the sex of their brain sex. The surgery is irreversible and the individual could change their mind.

That is a distinct possibility. My friend, who is also my daughter's Godfather, is an LGBT rights activist who has gotten to know some transsexual individuals, and among them is a transwoman who seemingly regrets having gotten the complete procedure. But that is just one case in many, where trans persons are otherwise happy with their choice.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 12:36 am

I was born with the male package, but my mind thinks I'm an Orc.

What do?

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 12:41 am

Nebogipfel wrote:
Narrator wrote:
Nebogipfel wrote:
Trans people should always be respected as human beings, but that does not mean that every person that is trans has chosen it because it is a manifestation of their true primary spirit. Sometimes it's a self destructive mistake.

Nebogipfel wrote:
...or to put it a better way, it will be shown that it was creating conditions, beyond de-stigmatisation, that would lead people to be more likely to "choose" it.

The trouble with that line is three-fold.

First, when you focus on the ones who have "chosen" it out of some psychotic reaction, it becomes too easy to lump all the rest in with that lay diagnosis, stigmatizing the rest, and turning them into freaks.

Second, who is going to decide is which is which? In the west, afaik, all sex change candidates undergo extensive psych evaluation. Are you going to question that?

And third, a person who breaks free should be able to celebrate that! Instead, they get told they are sick. Is that how you want to treat such people?

I agree with all your points. But, It feels like a bribe to me. Like we've traded the earth for some lousy trinkets, and the trinkets are also poisoned with tranquillisers.

That depends on the way we idealize what life is "meant to be." The longer I live, the more I say, "It is what it is," and other wonderful antidotes, such as, "Life is messy." In my fantasy life, the world is wonderful, women are all beautiful creatures, happiness is to be found in doing what you love and being with the woman you love, etc etc. I guess the reality is a trade-off between believing in the ideal and accepting the real, like my favourite quote from the movie, Second Hand Lions:
The movie Second Hand Lions wrote:
Hub: Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 3:29 am

Last i checked I am a male I have a penis and I love women! I am aware I am male and am proud of being male and to thosewho think I should be ashamed of being male and such bla bla bla then they can take it on with Mickey Mouse! LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg9ynb1qyCo

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 3:33 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Last i checked I am a male I have a penis and I love women! I am aware I am male and am proud of being male and to those who think I should be ashamed of being male and such bla bla bla then they can take it on with Mickey Mouse! LOL

Ummm... Who is suggesting you should be ashamed of being male??

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 4:44 am

beneficii wrote:
aghogday wrote:

I just checked and the same thing happened to me. I haven't been able to find another test like that with a search, unfortunately. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 4:56 am

Dillogic wrote:
I was born with the male package, but my mind thinks I'm an Orc.

What do?

Orcs don't have "male packages" ?

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 6:47 am

Well, the Uruk-hai seemed to be made from mud, so...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 9:52 am

My birth gender is *cough* female, but my gender identity and gender expression is male. I live the life of a man as much as possible. It was rough being a child of the 80s, when parents still believed in gender stereotypes and gender roles. It got to the point that 'Do You Wish To Be A Man' by The Kinks with the lead vocals sung by Dave Davies became my favourite song, very quickly. I was delighted every time I heard that song on the radio. 'Out Of the Wardrobe' recorded by the same band had become another favourite of mine, and I'd belt out the words every time that song was on the radio. I hated how girls were raised to be caring little servants, and boys were raised to be strong and brave. I knew the differences on how boys and girls were raised in the 80s, and I really wanted to be raised as a boy. I also saw the stereotyped differences between the genders across all age groups and the difference between the clothes they wore and imagined gender roles. I had a very strong for boys and mens clothes, toys and gadgets and I still do to this day. I also have a lot of upper body strength that I've naturally developed due to my love for meat, without weight lifting or those testosterone building supplements that are sold at upscale health stores these days. Nobody my family has ever acknowledged that, therefore my parents don't think to ask for my help on moving day. I'd love to move boxes and I know that I'm just as strong as my dad and my male cousins. I also feel blessed about my androgynous Mick Avory-like appearance and mannerisms, because that can keep strangers busy guessing about my gender and I love it when they presume that I'm Male.

I also apologize to anybody that I might have angered earlier on in the week. My reading comprehension is horrible and my case of GID is very strong. I'm amazed that my parents didn't pick up on it. If you guys don't wish to accept my apology, I'll understand. I'm just putting my apology out there.

I've also wanted to post this to show that I'm not a feminist or feminazi by any means. I'd have to be proud of my birth gender in order for me to be a feminist.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 12:57 pm

I am fine with being female. As a child I wished I could be a boy because they could pee standing and didn't have to pull down their pants to go and they could go standing. But I played with action figures, cars, trucks, Mighty Max, video games including fighting games, played in the dirt, climbed trees, but I still played with girl stuff and wore girl clothes. My parents never did the gender stereotype crap so I was allowed to do boy things people may call it. But I was never transgender, I was just a tomboy. I never thought about being in the wrong body.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 1:55 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I am fine with being female. As a child I wished I could be a boy because they could pee standing and didn't have to pull down their pants to go and they could go standing. But I played with action figures, cars, trucks, Mighty Max, video games including fighting games, played in the dirt, climbed trees, but I still played with girl stuff and wore girl clothes. My parents never did the gender stereotype crap so I was allowed to do boy things people may call it. But I was never transgender, I was just a tomboy. I never thought about being in the wrong body.

That's how we are with our daughter. She plays with action figures and dinosaurs, but also with Barbies, and we have absolutely no problem with that.