Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 4:21 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
How was America founded in the same manner as Israel? That makes no sense.

lol like seriously...

Its true - there were exactly seven Native-American tribes who based their order on Ptolemaic astrology and you had 12 armies of England around an Anglican center tribe who were carrying a temperamental gilded-acacia box with King George's smokes in it.

Aw no need to go all nonsense sarcastic.

It's no secret that your grand ancestors committed well-planned and systemic ways to wipe out/push natives from their lands in order take over.

Your nation was founded by merciless racist settlers, like modern Israel.

No matter how this may hurt you, this is a well-documented historical fact but this it isn't the topic here so I ll leave as that. .

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 4:39 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It's no secret that your grand ancestors committed well-planned and systemic ways to wipe out/push natives from their lands in order take over.

No matter how this may hurt you, this is a well-documented historical fact but this it isn't the topic here so I ll leave as that.

Oh, lol, that wasn't denial sarcasm - I fully agree that it happened and that our idea of manifest destiny didn't include them whatsoever. We have actually far clearer evidence that the US was founded by genocide (ironically a country meant to be the 'New Atlantis' of Francis Bacon per the ideas of the Masons at the time) - we have no such evidence that the Israelite genocide of the seven Canaanite tribes actually occurred; in a way the whole preponderance of Ptolemaic astrology suggests that it's all analogy/allegory.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 2:51 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No matter how this may hurt you, this is a well-documented historical fact but this it isn't the topic here so I ll leave as that.

Oh, lol, that wasn't denial sarcasm - I fully agree that it happened and that our idea of manifest destiny didn't include them whatsoever. We have actually far clearer evidence that the US was founded by genocide (ironically a country meant to be the 'New Atlantis' of Francis Bacon per the ideas of the Masons at the time) - we have no such evidence that the Israelite genocide of the seven Canaanite tribes actually occurred; in a way the whole preponderance of Ptolemaic astrology suggests that it's all analogy/allegory.

In modern times, we have strong evidence of what the settlers did to the Palestinians, systematically pushing them away from their lands, that's well documented either.

So yeah, both nations have very much alike bloody history, no wonder why you two are so allies.

I don't deny that Carthage was an occupation either tho lol but none of the historical sources say it was founded by genocides, its expansion was certainly by wars tho.

And the whole 7 tribes is a bible jumbo mumbo, the bibles also talks about tribes of Giants. http://12tribehistory.com/the-ancient-p ... hey-today/

Lol, I don't think it's so historically accurate.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 7:31 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

In modern times, we have strong evidence of what the settlers did to the Palestinians, systematically pushing them away from their lands, that's well documented either.

So yeah, both nations have very much alike bloody history, no wonder why you two are so allies.

I don't deny that Carthage was an occupation either tho lol but none of the historical sources say it was founded by genocides, its expansion was certainly by wars tho.

And the whole 7 tribes is a bible jumbo mumbo, the bibles also talks about tribes of Giants. http://12tribehistory.com/the-ancient-p ... hey-today/

Lol, I don't think it's so historically accurate.

Sometimes I forget your over there and I'm sure humor runs understandably thin on topics where missles are flying overhead on their account.

I think the world's enough of a mess and most of it's history that bloody that we're best off looking forward than strapping ourselves to the irons of what our parents parents parents parents did - I mean people can do that if they really want to but it's choosing the right to burn in their own self-created misery when you consider its end results.

I think two things right now have the power to change the world if they happen: 1) energy independent west 2) 2018 gets passed by enough years for the Muslim date-setters to realize that their Apocalypse isn't happening.

It's a beautiful part of the world, textually and architecturally also a true gem, it's just a shame that it's had to be subjugated so much by radicals (regardless of whether it's of it's own course or whether the US makes it happen by funding the Saudi's - I don't agree with everything my country does, I clearly don't agree with everything it's done, hopefully my living here has some positive impact).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 6:13 am

^^^ But most Muslims don't believe that the end times start in 2018, right? From what I read it is the same as with Christianity, only God knows when it will happen. I found this on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_eschatology

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 5:57 pm

trollcatman wrote:
^^^ But most Muslims don't believe that the end times start in 2018, right? From what I read it is the same as with Christianity, only God knows when it will happen. I found this on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_eschatology

Date setting happens all the time - it doesn't have to be biblical or Quranic to be popular.

I have Muslim friends who offered that many in the region, or at least this belief if popular among Palestinians, that end times will be 70 years from the founding of Israel - ie. 1948 - hence 2018 in their date setting. They suggested also that a lot of the I.S.I.S. craziness is an end-times fervor. If that's the case I'd like to think reality will press in on their orientation to that ideal much sooner than later as whatever massive supernatural stirrings they'd expect simply don't happen (perhaps aside from strange inner forces hitting them with wave after wave of guilt for how they're treating their fellow man/woman).

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Mar 2015, 6:17 pm

I doubt whether people who think the world is going to end in 2018 will care much when it doesn't.

Look at Jehovah's Witnesses, who are still convinced the world ended 101 years ago.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 5:19 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

Date setting happens all the time - it doesn't have to be biblical or Quranic to be popular.

I have Muslim friends who offered that many in the region, or at least this belief if popular among Palestinians, that end times will be 70 years from the founding of Israel - ie. 1948 - hence 2018 in their date setting. They suggested also that a lot of the I.S.I.S. craziness is an end-times fervor. If that's the case I'd like to think reality will press in on their orientation to that ideal much sooner than later as whatever massive supernatural stirrings they'd expect simply don't happen (perhaps aside from strange inner forces hitting them with wave after wave of guilt for how they're treating their fellow man/woman).

Well, when you read that list on the wiki page of signs of the end times, some things have arguably come to pass. I don't put much stock in prophecies but true believers may believe the signs. I'm not sure how accurate that list on wikipedia is though, it sounds extremely far-fetched, but that goes for the prophecies of most religions.